New Head teacher

White Noise

Well its New Head Teachers second day and he's gone and got 60 pupils who weren't wearing the correct uniform and put them in isolation . So now more pupils have lost 2hrs of study time . Please note that these are minor rule breaks ie no school badges sewn on blazer , No dyed hair , Sensible footwear which is being debated a present because the new Head is going OTT . Parents are invited this evening to discuss these matters. Now even the long serving teachers are not happy . Zero tolerance come on man there's better ways to start the new term .

Sounds like he has a mission ......perhaps parents will get the opportunity to adapt the ground rules??:thumbup:takes a strong person to be a head I guess...however they say first impressions last?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not, it saying

"Oh poor me struggling to make ends meet as a poor wood cutter and the lazy good for nothing teachers get paid loads for an easy job, boo hoo"

:001_rolleyes:

:congrats:

How many times do we have threads on this forum about people thinking our work is easy and that anyone could do it? How many criticisms of the rates of pay because the effort of the job isn't recognised? How many posts complaining about 'red tape' and the unrealistic health and safety culture?

Epic double standards.

Quit whining!!!:thumbdown:

If you think being a teacher is so easy and so well paid get off your backside and train to be one, then you too can have an easy life with loads of money!!:001_rolleyes:

who's whining ?????

i'm doing fine thanks :001_tt2:

and i would not want the job, dealing with my own kids is hard enough let alone anyone else......:lol:

:congrats:

How many times do we have threads on this forum about people thinking our work is easy and that anyone could do it? How many criticisms of the rates of pay because the effort of the job isn't recognised? How many posts complaining about 'red tape' and the unrealistic health and safety culture?

Epic double standards.

Excellent post sir and a great example of how to use the word epic.

Some very silly posts in this thread, anybody who thinks that teaching is an easy job obviously didn't pay enough attention at school.

Yes i was a professional technical officer for the PSA before the government disbanded it:001_cool:

Fair play. People who have worked in the "real world" make better teachers. However, I saw (in my time at school) a fair few teachers who went school-uni-school. I think this is a very bad system. They had no life experience to relate what they were teaching too (this was however better than the few who had been on a "gap yah" and related EVERYTHING back to "that time I was saving orphans in"). The best teacher I had a school was a Lt. Colonel Ayres, he had been a soldier, canoe instructor, farmer and finally a teacher. Everyone (even the "bad" lot) listened to what he said.

Some very silly posts in this thread, anybody who thinks that teaching is an easy job obviously didn't pay enough attention at school.

Nope, payed plenty of attention at school, sorry :001_rolleyes:

Fair play. People who have worked in the "real world" make better teachers. However, I saw (in my time at school) a fair few teachers who went school-uni-school. I think this is a very bad system. They had no life experience to relate what they were teaching too (this was however better than the few who had been on a "gap yah" and related EVERYTHING back to "that time I was saving orphans in"). The best teacher I had a school was a Lt. Colonel Ayres, he had been a soldier, canoe instructor, farmer and finally a teacher. Everyone (even the "bad" lot) listened to what he said.

Nope, payed plenty of attention at school, sorry :001_rolleyes:

So, if you think that Teaching is an easy job then I stand by my previous post.

My father spent 9 years in the Royal Engineers: 1939 - 48, fighting in North Africa, Palestine, Italy and Yugoslavia including beach landings at Anzio, Salerno, and the like. His last three years were spent taking up mine fields. He then came home and trained as a school teacher which he did until about 1983. So don't give me any generalisations about school teachers being 'boys among men' and other such total crap.

Schools have rules about what can be worn. Stop and think what it would be like to have a rule about wearing bangles, bracelets, or whatever. Then consider what it would be like trying to distinguish between what's permissible and what's not. The kids would run circles round the rules, claiming this bracelet is in aid of this or that charity, wouldn't they? And how's a teacher supposed to keep up with what's what? So they keep it simple -- no bracelets in school. You know damn well there's no intent to slight any charity -- so stop stirring.

Always tend to side with the teacher when a kid says they've been told off. In the long run you're doing the kid a disservice if he/she loses respect for the teacher as a result of you overreacting. It's children growing up with a lack of respect for authority that's causing half the problems with this society.

My father spent 9 years in the Royal Engineers: 1939 - 48, fighting in North Africa, Palestine, Italy and Yugoslavia including beach landings at Anzio, Salerno, and the like. His last three years were spent taking up mine fields. He then came home and trained as a school teacher which he did until about 1983. So don't give me any generalisations about school teachers being 'boys among men' and other such total crap.

Schools have rules about what can be worn. Stop and think what it would be like to have a rule about wearing bangles, bracelets, or whatever. Then consider what it would be like trying to distinguish between what's permissible and what's not. The kids would run circles round the rules, claiming this bracelet is in aid of this or that charity, wouldn't they? And how's a teacher supposed to keep up with what's what? So they keep it simple -- no bracelets in school. You know damn well there's no intent to slight any charity -- so stop stirring.

Always tend to side with the teacher when a kid says they've been told off. In the long run you're doing the kid a disservice if he/she loses respect for the teacher as a result of you overreacting. It's children growing up with a lack of respect for authority that's causing half the problems with this society.

good post :thumbup1: