Tree felling in France

Milly

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an employer and Lantra trainer I expect all novice operators to where c gloves. After all they where designed with exactly this situation in mind.

Not full proof by no means but some protection. May mean he can still play the piano.:lol:

'Take away the saw' I agree.:thumbup:

Maybe dress him up in a chainsaw jacket as well just for good measure :sneaky2: , personally i would send him on another chainsaw course at the very least and most certainly would get him working with an experienced cutter with the hpe he may learn something . As Steven Blair said - chainsw gloves are not mandatory and if you turn up without them on a chainsaw course then as long as you have a pair of gloves(with an elasticated wrist band) then there is no issue , i bought several pairs of chainsaw gloves recently only for me and my two guys to be told by the assessor that they were not mandatory and infact it ws found that in wet conditions they can be more of a hazard than not wearing them .

but, this firm pay you in uk money - and from a uk firm, your account is in the uk and you are acting as a uk employee.

But would you not be woking for a firm with french insurance cover ? a friend of mine went over to france to work but found that his P/L and E/L did not stand and that there were no terms to state that the insurace was valid outside of the uk , so in theory if this is the case and you are working under french insurance you should comply with what ever the insurance states ie- certification of compitence , uk certs - etc etc

not the point - on above comments.

i was in for the job, then this guy pulls his finger out and sends the required docs at the last min.

wasted my time and money.

sour grapes - my misses tells me :sneaky2:

You win some , you lose some,isn't that how it goes,stay on side & you never know,you might win some.:001_smile:

sadly the feller in this video has now had to have plastic surgery to hide his identity and is under the witness protection programme....hope no one posts one of my crap fells up here....lets face it, we all do one now and again!

sadly the feller in this video has now had to have plastic surgery to hide his identity and is under the witness protection programme....hope no one posts one of my crap fells up here....lets face it, we all do one now and again!

Moi,mais pet etre...:biggrin: