shock as wrong trees chopped down in wrong garden

Ross Macneil

My take on it, is the guy saw a 'conifer wall' blocking out light to everybody else, and as one 'conifer wall' looks like another with equally obstructive residents the chopped it down. Being 'housing ass' he expected problems so simply carried on doing his job. The residents did say the conifers were 20 yrs old and planted for to keep the garden private = conifer wall to me. As the housing ass only gave limited compensation, they could have been the next house garden to be felled anyway - give the guy a bonus, not sack him:thumbup1:

:001_huh:

I wonder if it would be another thread with different views if it was a veteran oak/beech etc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once went to an old dears garden to be told

"we want the front flower bed clearing of everything, we're putting gravel down"

off me and the boys went and started ripping bushes and plants of every discription up

about an hour later the old girl brought us a cuppa.

"you're doing a grand job, just make sure everything comes out"

at lunch time we'd finished and i went in to ask the old girl if the kettle had broken..:lol:

(only joking)

she came out to view our work and was very impressed with how much we'd done........

apart from asking where the 12' conny was that her husband had planted just before he'd died.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

she was a little distressed but agreed with us that she had in fact asked us to remove EVERYTHING..

guilt got the better of me however, and at great expense i managed to find one very similar and put it back for her..

as stated above errors DO occur, its just how you deal with them

once went to an old dears garden to be told

"we want the front flower bed clearing of everything, we're putting gravel down"

off me and the boys went and started ripping bushes and plants of every discription up

about an hour later the old girl brought us a cuppa.

"you're doing a grand job, just make sure everything comes out"

at lunch time we'd finished and i went in to ask the old girl if the kettle had broken..:lol:

(only joking)

she came out to view our work and was very impressed with how much we'd done........

apart from asking where the 12' conny was that her husband had planted just before he'd died.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

she was a little distressed but agreed with us that she had in fact asked us to remove EVERYTHING..

guilt got the better of me however, and at great expense i managed to find one very similar and put it back for her..

as stated above errors DO occur, its just how you deal with them

Don't understand why you felt guilty but you did a good thing all the same

:001_huh:

I wonder if it would be another thread with different views if it was a veteran oak/beech etc.

For me, we are talking about the typical jobs that most of the guys on this site would expect - so a typical 'Conifer wall' would tick all the boxes, to be felled but if asked to fell an old tree, I guess most on here would query it.

I have heard of a case where on a contract to make sure it states, ' the marked trees are to be felled' don't assume - I guess the wrong half of the whole wood was felled :crying:

My best wrong felling story was a large old oak wood with different guys felling at weekends etc - so to make sure it was clear which trees are to be left standing, the owners wrapped large orange bands around the trees to be left standing - clear enough.

But the wrong mature oak trees were still being felling - turned out that squirrels were removing the orange bands and using them to make their dreys.:blushing: