Careers with tree, but no youth or fitness

Baggy

how mature? i know two climbers who started in their 40's by no means the fastest but still far from the slowest. - i fancy harvester driver .....in the winter...those finks in their nice heated cabs munching sandwiches listening to the radio all day....air con in the summer, wearing shorts! they are fat though....

Lots of other options, surveying and such. What qualifications if any do you have? and or experience?

Hiya

how mature? i know two climbers who started in their 40's by no means the fastest but still far from the slowest. - i fancy harvester driver .....in the winter...those finks in their nice heated cabs munching sandwiches listening to the radio all day....air con in the summer, wearing shorts! they are fat though....

Lots of other options, surveying and such. What qualifications if any do you have? and or experience?

This would be a change of career for me, I am currently a photographer and have been for 30+ years.

I am 54, my tree/outdoor experience comes from bushcrafting and greenwood working. Fitness used be very good but a heart attack in 2004 has slowed me down a tad, although I still canoe :-)

I suspect that I have probably left it too late....

... I suspect that I have probably left it too late....

Of course you haven't!!! :001_rolleyes:

You say that you want to work with trees, but that is a very broad range of careers. Would you rather work indoors or outside? Would you prefer to be "hands on" and do practical work or are you more academic?

Why not combine your present skills with tree work - like photographing trees for say a conservation group:thumbup1:

For myself I fancied doing tree work but it was too late to change, so I do tree work/gamekeepering on a large estate on weekend hols etc. I got my chainsaw ticket a while ago and when I retire hope to do a bit more tree work.

Like many modern jobs that can do your head in, many fancy a change when my son did his saw course another guy on the course was desparate to change. My own job as a medical engineer should be good but the way it's managed has made me ill in the past, so it's off to the woods when it gets me.

Good luck