Anyone employing?

Gravityalwayswins

Just wondering if anybody is employing or knows of a company that is, I am located in oxfordshire however am prepared to travel.

A full CV is accesibe, however breifly:

Im 19, have been doing tree work for 8 years

have my own new PPE, own Stihl proffesional saws and my own transport.

i have a CS30 / 31 however my assessor said he could see that I had been using a saw for years.

any form of employement would make my day!!

thanks! Iain

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try the employment section mate:001_rolleyes:

Yep, what he said.

Plus if your post is anything to go by, check your CV's spelling and grammer. Run it through the spell checker of whatever application you used to write it. :001_rolleyes:

First impressions, last!

have you been doing tree work since you where 11 ?:001_smile:

In truth since he was 5 yrs old with a small axe, by 11 yrs old first MS170 + PPE & offroading like most farm boys, MS260 when 14 yrs old, just completed his CS30/31, now has a MS 460 for large felling, he just grew up with woodland work, mostly working with the tree gang on a large estate, really good safe worker. He's finished A-levels but with the rise in Uni-fees going that's out so going for Arb work instead. :thumbup1:

In truth since he was 5 yrs old with a small axe, by 11 yrs old first MS170 + PPE & offroading like most farm boys, MS260 when 14 yrs old, just completed his CS30/31, now has a MS 460 for large felling, he just grew up with woodland work, mostly working with the tree gang on a large estate, really good safe worker. He's finished A-levels but with the rise in Uni-fees going that's out so going for Arb work instead. :thumbup1:

IMO thats crazy!!!!:001_rolleyes:

Yes the fees have risen, but you only pay them back if you earn enough, in other words only if the investment pays off.

The pay limit at which you start repayments has risen from a little over £15K per annum to around £21 per annum, so for many even though the cost of the fees has risen they will in fact end up paying less back than with the old system.

Its better to think of the fees as a tax, that you only start paying if you are well paid enough and even then its not a very high tax.

Even with the new fees a good education is a fantastic investment that will pay you back time and again!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Yes the fees have risen, but you only pay them back if you earn enough, in other words only if the investment pays off.

The pay limit at which you start repayments has risen from a little over £15K per annum to around £21 per annum, so for many even though the cost of the fees has risen they will in fact end up paying less back than with the old system.

Its better to think of the fees as a tax, that you only start paying if you are well paid enough and even then its not a very high tax.

Even with the new fees a good education is a fantastic investment that will pay you back time and again!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

completly agree! off to uni next year and sick of all my student mates complaining about the fees when they dont even know about when they start paying them back etc. hate to say it but the tories have done well on this one!<----- probably the only student who has said that!

cheers ciaran glyde

The big thing that put him off was alot of people get good degrees but no good job to follow, well that's how he feels at the moment, at last he has x3 good A-levels so he could go a bit later.

Although he's built up woodlands skills he never fancied doing it as a job, just took the skills as a lifestyle. He's also has good people skills he built up as a lifeguard and working in a pub, so he wanted to joint the Police, Fire or be a Paramedic but none are signing on - so what to go for:confused1: All the Police could offer was to become a 'special' no pay but get he same public abuse, so that's a end. He's a good team worker so should fit in to a pro tree gang but like alot of good lads they need a break to get started.

Problem is at 19 he now has to pay his fees, so he paid for his CS30/31 and going for 'chipper' etc to try and get some paid work to build up experience and enroled part-time for Level 3 RFC going onto L6 the year after.

On the 8yr bit, he kept modist only saying he had used a chainsaw before to his CS30/31 but the assessor queried it, so he answered 8 yrs, to which the assessor replied," I though so" - gave him quit a boost.

Surely that s not a good thing!

Correct me if im wrong, but im under the impression that we got into this big mess because of lending/borrowing.

Is it a good idea to get students into more and more debt just on the promise they can pay it back in the future when they have more money?!:confused1:

Some of them will be coming out of uni with 40K+ worth's of debt, how is that going to effect them in the future? Will they be able to get a business loan to start up? Will they be able to get a mortgage?

It's not a good idea IMO.

They are still very young adults making tough decisions on getting into MAJOR debt.

Many wont make that jump, and it will probably be the most sensible ones.

I know a lot will say how hard life is, and they made that decision and it worked out fine but im sure you know loads of people speak BS.:laugh1:

But then the cons dont really care as its not their crowd with debt problems.

Its a downwards spiral for public education, as expected.