Free Seminars at Barcham Trees

janey

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Am I having a rant or am I on the right lines, For the benefit of the sceptical people, I was not in attendance due to the full booking, lol

The seminar held at Barchams this week; Barrell and Mynors, was fully booked a long time ago, yet as usual, the Barchams staff lay on all the facilities; for what I personally believe is a true gesture to our industry, only for 14 people to not attend, there would have been some people who had genuine reasons for not attending, but even so should this not be done at least 48 hrs before the event to allow others the opportunity to attend.

In addition some people do not even have the courtesy to make the 'too' late phone call, and simply do not turn up, do not ring to apologise, and therefore totally remove any chance of the more grateful being able to attend.

Its not just the prevention of more appreciative attendees being declined a place in place of non-attendees, but the charitable contributions made by attendees into the donations box will have had less donations as a result of what, in certain cases, is just plain rude and inconsiderate behaviour.

Also the speakers often give up there time for us free of charge, so its a slap in the face all-round to be honest.

Rant over!!! sorry folks, just gets my back up, I hope that Barchams continue to provide this excellent service to our industry.

Am I having a rant or am I on the right lines, For the benefit of the sceptical people, I was not in attendance due to the full booking, lol

The seminar held at Barchams this week; Barrell and Mynors, was fully booked a long time ago, yet as usual, the Barchams staff lay on all the facilities; for what I personally believe is a true gesture to our industry, only for 14 people to not attend, there would have been some people who had genuine reasons for not attending, but even so should this not be done at least 48 hrs before the event to allow others the opportunity to attend.

In addition some people do not even have the courtesy to make the 'too' late phone call, and simply do not turn up, do not ring to apologise, and therefore totally remove any chance of the more grateful being able to attend.

Its not just the prevention of more appreciative attendees being declined a place in place of non-attendees, but the charitable contributions made by attendees into the donations box will have had less donations as a result of what, in certain cases, is just plain rude and inconsiderate behaviour.

Also the speakers often give up there time for us free of charge, so its a slap in the face all-round to be honest.

Rant over!!! sorry folks, just gets my back up, I hope that Barchams continue to provide this excellent service to our industry.

It looked very full to me Jaime,

although that was from an upstairs perspective it has to be said.

Perhaps there may have been some spare seats

Would agree completely with your thoughts on what Barchams put back into the industry :thumbup1:

It looked very full to me Jaime,

although that was from an upstairs perspective it has to be said.

Perhaps there may have been some spare seats

Would agree completely with your thoughts on what Barchams put back into the industry :thumbup1:

Hi David,

Yes apparently it was brimming, however 67 were booked in and only 53 attended. just gutted because I begged the girl for a seat and she said no at 67 were max capacity for that room.

Priceless contribution imo.

jaime

Hi David,

Yes apparently it was brimming, however 67 were booked in and only 53 attended. just gutted because I begged the girl for a seat and she said no at 67 were max capacity for that room.

Priceless contribution imo.

jaime

I couldnt agree more jaime, i would not have the ordasity to fail to fill the seats, even if it meant ringing ahead and having a friend take the spot in my place. maybe they should black list those that waste this opportunity at least for a short period. There are folk like me who are eternaly grateful to barchams for these oportunities to learn for free, and even get fed too, I have a great deal of love for barchams for doing these:thumbup1:

I couldnt agree more jaime, i would not have the ordasity to fail to fill the seats, even if it meant ringing ahead and having a friend take the spot in my place. maybe they should black list those that waste this opportunity at least for a short period. There are folk like me who are eternaly grateful to barchams for these oportunities to learn for free, and even get fed too, I have a great deal of love for barchams for doing these:thumbup1:

Im guessing your name is top of the list for the November Ted Green meeting, and Mr Lonsdale, Should be very good.

I must admit since attending seminars, courses and this and that over the last two years, ive banged on twenty pounds in timber, but I just cant decline the grub is too damn good at these things. some days i do not want to leave.

Its no wonder some consultants get a girth as they get older, and stop climbing.