mini digger advice

Busy Daddy

I am looking to buy a mini digger to tow behind a 4x4 , mainly to feed a chipper , so probably about a 2.5 tonne machine .

Not sure on what make really , seems to be a bit of amine field , looking for any advice please

I am looking for zero tail swing and 2 speed tracking as i will fit a trailer and use it in the woods

Will it have enough oil flow to run a 12 tonne hydraulic splitter ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd second a takeuchi, lovely machines to work with. I spent a summer on one (not sure wich model sorry, some time ago) and it was way easier than the little offerings from volvo and jcb that were on site.

edit: how do you pronounce takeuchi? I've found that a major drawback to the machine

Edited by Daniël Bos

I'd second a takeuchi, lovely machines to work with. I spent a summer on one (not sure wich model sorry, some time ago) and it was way easier than the little offerings from volvo and jcb that were on site.

ive driven jdb mini diggers not that good from my experiance the volvos are much better to drive hopefullly ill get a drive of his new machine when it arrives

Are you sure you want zero tail swing on such a small machine? If your over 6ft your knees will be against the cab glass and you will also struggle to use the travel pedals. Also if your going to be picking up alot of weight, zero tail swing machines don't have as much counter balance and the lift capacity are generally lower