ldv tipper question

Martyn Amos

did it have a flashing light on the roof - could it be the switch for that? Nice bus run these trucks for years - nothing fancy but they keep on going!

possible mate,due to being excouncil:thumbup:

did give it ago after the response from geoff and it did nothing so you may be right

so thanks to yourself and geoff for your suggestions:thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me like it is a non latching switch, but difficult to see on the pics.

Is it?

Just supposing I'm right (wich is my usual thought, until proven otherwise) it is not likely to be any of the above. It may be ex-council, but it looks like a boy-racer switch to me, considering it's desing etc. So I'd say it's had (or still has) some mildly childish (but fun?) feature like flashing lights, silly noise, air-horn.

Can u not pop it off the top of the dash and check wire colours one would be earth..

and maybe the other you can trace ,it may be a completely different colour to the original wiring loom and be easy to trace ? it may well be just cable tied to loom and branch of to the mystery extra........but at least you can start by looking for just the one colour

It may even just run to a fuse under dash and stop there .....have fun

press the button and spend the rest of the day working out what you have done

pressed it :001_rolleyes:

nowt happened,

because its next to the tipper switch,sent up tipper and pressed to see if its a kind of emergency stop. NO

sent tipper down,pressed to see if it would stop. NO

SO JUST SEEMS TO ME ITS DOES NOT DO ANYTHING:blushing:

just thought i would ask the experts on arbtalk 1st [thanks guys]

i only asked as the red button was covered with the red flip switch,which seems to me the flip switch is incase of accidental operation,those type button are usually serious :thumbup:

ahhhhhh i think i have it sussed , im the new BMW M3 and M5 there is a button that stepps the running BHP up from about half power to full power , maybe this is the case !!!! just think up untill now you could have been making do with 2` bhp then you could have had nearer 42 !!!!!!!! no moe first gear to go up those hills