Waterproof jackets

conkers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody recommend a lightweight waterproof for climbing. One that actually stays waterproof for more than a day!

Bought one fairly recently, a well known brand to tree climbers and I have proofed it twice. Still not up to the job.

High viz prefered.

Cheers

Conkers

Don,t know if you have got yourself sorted yet but if you want to take a look at the Hakie climbing smock give me a call, It is class 3 waterproof and class 3 breathable, hi-vis, designed specially for tree climbing. take a look at it at Harkie - A whole new world for the tree climbing professional! and give me a ring and I will bring 1 out to show you.

Cheers:thumbup:

Phil 07880 646067

hey everyone - i highly reccomend these. only 35quid and as far asi can make out are pretty much exactly the same as the stein evo jackets. Haven't washed mine yet but its still completely waterproof (had it about 5 months). and its got great scratch/tear resistance.

Adrenaline Hi-Viz Men's Jacket - Bikewear

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Shivasubcontractor.

I ordered two and found one of them to be £10 cheaper than advertised:thumbup:

They arrived promptly and one of my groundsmen, who used to have the Stein jacket, declared that these are the Stein jackets.

So thumbs up to that! Same jacket but cheaper due to lack of 'designer brand logo'.

Anyway, it was pouring yesterday and we found them really comfy to climb in.

Happy days.:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I bought a genuine army goretex recently. Nice and ightweight, very waterproof. They are kind of long so can be well tucked in over the harness. For more general wear the hood doesn't self support as there is no wire rim but its not too bad if you pull the cords to make it smaller. The material itself snags facial hair which is a bit annoying so I might stitch a liner of some sort around the collar. For £20 plus vat and shipping not a bad purchase at all