PTI 3 day course in a week prep advice please

Tony.Price

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't be tempted to treat it like real life. It's an exam where you are scored so write down as much as you can to demonstrate your knowledge. I found that they liked long overblown recommendations for further investigation etc, even though in real life I would probably have quickly weighed up the options and then recommended to fell!

• 1 month later...
Hi, you should also be very detailed in your specifications ie dont just spec fell or section fell, specify what you will do with the stump , grind to a deapth of 200mm below ground level and back fill mulch and also how the arizings should be disposed of , chipped and removed from site and disposed of at a registerd disposil center, via a licenced huler. ect ect be specific and detailed. that will get you extra points. even spec armilotox and how it should be used, dont be afraid of been extravigant with your anserers, they love detail.

then go one stage further and say why you wouldnt use armilatox!:lol:

You should take books as listed on the pre-course hand out as these are good reference material unless you can resite them word for word. I took all including many more for my arsenal which served me well. If you do not have experience/knowledge of Fungi and tree Ident including the spelling of, then the books are a must have. Read as much as you can to refresh before you go. Knowledge of how the books are to be used is also necessary precourse.

I stayed in a B+B during the course and didn't take the laptop. This was a mistake. The course handout does not require a laptop but it is useful in the evenings.

• 1 month later...

I was reading this thread as im looking to do the PTI 3 day course. Ive done the rfs cert in arb and have about 2 years exp of tree surveying will this be enough background knowledge to pass as i hear its quite tricky. Obviously im gonna be doing lots of study before i have a go anyway.

Also i have found a couple of providers but there is about £150 difference in price and im just wondering whether this is reflective on the quality of the teaching/course materials on each course?

thanks

I was reading this thread as im looking to do the PTI 3 day course. Ive done the rfs cert in arb and have about 2 years exp of tree surveying will this be enough background knowledge to pass as i hear its quite tricky. Obviously im gonna be doing lots of study before i have a go anyway.

Also i have found a couple of providers but there is about £150 difference in price and im just wondering whether this is reflective on the quality of the teaching/course materials on each course?

thanks

I did my pti in the second year of my diploma with no experience in the industry, but studied about 3-4 hours every day after the course, so I reckon you should be fine academically.

not sure about the providers, ive not heard any horror stories yet! where are you based?

If you search somthing like "fungi flash cards free to all" you will see in a thread some flash cards I made which has all the fungi info you need.

hope this helps. cheers ciaran glyde