Poison

Sam Thompson

Bit of an odd one. How would you tell if a tree was purposely poisoned? Friend of mine thinks that his next door neighbor has tried to kill his tree on purpose, and has asked for my opinion. Obviously deficiencies you will get with any unhealthy tree will be there, but is there anything specific to poison? I'm going to have a look tomorrow evening, so we shall see, but any other info would help.

atb,

Sam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a little dig and see if the roots have been damaged, this would also show the signs of disturbance, if glyphosate was used as a poison, most likely to be as its the easiest to get hold of, then you may have difficulty finding it in soil tests unless it was very shortly after it had been done.

Soil test would be the next step I think Lorry. I only really know of salt, copper and over fertilizer as ways to kill them. I suppose if you managed to get timberex, roundup or something through the cambium that would do.

I'll get some pictures up if there is anything of interest. :thumbup1:

Digging is a good one Rob, cheers :D

Edited by Sam Thompson

Copper nails take a while for the tree to take in, copper sulphate powder mixed with neat glysophate is the quickest way of making a tree go bad. Check for holes drilled into the tree around soil level and covered over with dirt or bark.

Edited by big fell!
Typo