swedish logs

Johny Walker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of people seem to charge the earth for these and they never sell.End o day it's a naff dried out knotty bit of softwood,it costs peanuts to make and I can knock out 200 in a day easily.Last year I cruised the beaches at night loaded with these and log nets selling them to young party goers,Sat with them had good natter showed them how to light them and get goodfire going,I made a killin had a 24 hour callout number to go drop them at house partys late at night at a marked up pice aswell .Lots of fresh little ideas to get log sales roaring

Haha to be honest I'm just sad and bored most the time,I'm straight edge so I don't drink, smoke do drugs or let loose much be four years since even stood in a pub and that was working on doors,Always find have an endless amount of time on me Ron Tod ( small violin out ) haha.Figured may aswell make the cash if had nothing else better to do of a late evening

Haha to be honest I'm just sad and bored most the time,I'm straight edge so I don't drink, smoke do drugs or let loose much be four years since even stood in a pub and that was working on doors,Always find have an endless amount of time on me Ron Tod ( small violin out ) haha.Figured may aswell make the cash if had nothing else better to do of a late evening

good on ya pall, do you think i'd find much demand for said logs ina rural area, not near beachs or festivals??

Further up the lakes near me it gets all rural and countryfied I didn't shift as many up there but the ones I did shift were monster ones so charged more also usually flogged few chimnea logs at same time.It's best to watch social trends I found,Scout out the richer folk pref with a large garden and fondness for gazebo partys who are likely to hold outdoorsy wine and cheese nights etc.In rural settings I found taller slightly thicker Swedish candles proved more popular with those type people just another novelty idea to impress the buddies I guess.

Country fairs are a good spot to try get a lil spot going have some log nets sat with them maybe few novelty carvings aswell.Also maybe if you have large hotels who host outdoor functions in there grounds perhaps?

Facebook was my testing ground great way to check out peoples social hierachy by there photo's and usually few pics of there home and Garden on there and it's free.Another way could be to try shifting a lot to local garden centres.

• 3 weeks later...

As has been suggested before in this thread - This is an inspiring place to be.

I saw the finish candle here a couple of weeks back and sent the link to a few of my members, and last friday a handful turned up at the office from 2 of my good old buddies. I took one to display at the Royal Welsh Show and it was a roaring success - Even unlit!

Many punters were excited to realise what it was and said they would be trying them out.

I'm only just back from the show and photos have started arriving in my email - I'll report back on monday after sparking one of my own up for the first time on Aberdyfi beach this evening - Hurrah!

Cheers

M