stein trousers

Dilz

I have the type a's and type c's. had a years use out of the c's and they held up fine, with plenty life left in them still. Glad to be in the type A's now though. Can't really comment how hot they are compared to some of the other trousers on the market as ive been wearing nothing but stretch airs for the past 7 years......they are probably a little hotter than the stretch airs, but they dont carry the price tag of the stretch airs either

• 2 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my revolutions on Monday, all round protection. And have to say they the worst chainsaw trouser ever!!!

Reasons:-

They are hotter than the sun

No back pocket

Front pockets the zip are upside down

Heat proof pad on wrong leg

Way, way too baggy

Too heavy

Too thick

Really uncomfortable when driving, seams too big

if anyone wants them they are size med

Hi flex i am sorry I will never stray from you again, please forgive me

Got my revolutions on Monday, all round protection. And have to say they the worst chainsaw trouser ever!!!

Reasons:-

They are hotter than the sun

No back pocket

Front pockets the zip are upside down

Heat proof pad on wrong leg

Way, way too baggy

Too heavy

Too thick

Really uncomfortable when driving, seams too big

if anyone wants them they are size med

Hi flex i am sorry I will never stray from you again, please forgive me

none of the last chainsaw trousers ive had have had a back pocket, i dont see how this is an issue.

The zips are upside down for a very good(and obvious) reason, if you think about it it'll come to you.

Heat proof pad on wrong leg - i'm not sure how you can possibly come to this conclusion. You are obviously left handed and hang your saw on the left hand side, but regardless of that i'm not sure when the first left handed chainsaw was released but im sure plenty of lefties will be interested if you've found one. They are designed to be used right handed and so the vast majority of people hang them right side. i'm not sure it would be financially feasible to do the trousers with the option of having a heatpad on the left for the 1% of users who might want this!

Regarding the other comments, have you considered that perhaps you have just bought the wrong size?

Sorry but nothing you have posted warrants labelling these the worse chainsaw trouser ever made by any stretch of the imagination

none of the last chainsaw trousers ive had have had a back pocket, i dont see how this is an issue.

The zips are upside down for a very good(and obvious) reason, if you think about it it'll come to you.

Heat proof pad on wrong leg - i'm not sure how you can possibly come to this conclusion. You are obviously left handed and hang your saw on the left hand side, but regardless of that i'm not sure when the first left handed chainsaw was released but im sure plenty of lefties will be interested if you've found one. They are designed to be used right handed and so the vast majority of people hang them right side. i'm not sure it would be financially feasible to do the trousers with the option of having a heatpad on the left for the 1% of users who might want this!

Regarding the other comments, have you considered that perhaps you have just bought the wrong size?

Sorry but nothing you have posted warrants labelling these the worse chainsaw trouser ever made by any stretch of the imagination

I finally got to see a pair of these in the flesh last week and I am convinced they are going to be my next pair, I did go to Fletcher Stewarts to buy a pair but when I got there and they were closed for lunch, couldn’t wait the 20 mins because I had to be somewhere else

:thumbdown:

I just don’t get it when people reject a particular brand because they aren’t comfy, sexy, wrong colour, wrong belt loops, wrong buttons etc, it’s a pair of padded pants, they are never going to be anything but hot bulky hard to wash, man up and get on with the cutting……

The only thing that concerns me is whether they are durable enough for tree work (not very clear, I mean all chainsaw trousers) I expect a minimum of one years normal (ie heavy duty) work from them. Stretchs have surpassed this expectation in every pair I've owned, other makes havent lasted more than a month, which to me means they are not fit for purpose. I havent tried the Steins yet, because my current trousers are just so good. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Man up and getting cutting???

Tree equip your are obviously a very misguided man. As not all trouser need to be hot. The hiflex even type c are a lot cooler than the new steins.

While your hot and lethargic up your tree with you Baggy padded trouser rest a sure I will be significantly cooler more comfortable than you. Now I have my hiflex back.

Why can't the heat pad be on both sides? Short sighted design I guess.

Just because I have it on the left side don't mean I use the wrong way round. Personal pref. As for the zip. Think about it and I will come to you? What sort of a response is that???

No back pocket is just lazy design. Basically they forgot. They are a usefully pocket for wallets. Chipper keys. Goes with out saying the stihls have them. Obviously

is it so they dont get caught and open on ascent?been bugging me!!:blushing:

haha well i suppose thats a possiblilty also.

Having the zip reversed helps prevent your pockets filling up with sawdust. unzipping from the bottom upwards pretty much eliminates the chance of the zip working its way open