Hot Rod photo's for Bob!

PeteB

There you go Bob.

1938 Austin 16 ("Sweet 16"). All steel (and filler) body, original chassis which has been boxed and strengthened.

Narrowed Transit "I" beam front with Ford discs and Volvo shocks on slipper springs.

Rear is Jaguar Mark 10 IRS with "quick change" cover, running 295 width tyres.

Rover V8 with tubular stainless manifolds and exhausts, Offenhauser 360 inlet with Holley 390cfm carb with a street cam which should give about 220hp(in my dreams!) - fire by Mallory power.

Original wheel arches have had the lip lowered to suit tyres and rears have been extended by 4". Fuel filler cap moved from wheel arch to body centre above boot opening.

Interior was based around original but last owner let it go rotten leaving it outside.

1st owner was Austin who lent to the USAAF until 1948, then sold to a chap in Liverpool. Purchased in 1974 by Keith and Barb Marshal who built this version and it did win a car show in the early 80's but since then has been abused by 3-4 owners until I got it!

Last photo shows a knackered bank which will lead to a knackered bank balance!

IMAG0055.jpg.e78a17f8a7fc5dcfa62c26bda92e3449.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg.12f41528d6ecf4f364270f3514eebc9f.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg.24a577c3275ce4bf420fdba695f894cd.jpg

PICT0197.jpg.9f507dcde11d1c79008f3eb672033625.jpg

Hey, that's QUALITY! Yo Awd Bugger Ian.:sneaky2:

When your fettling your car, do you have to keep looking thro the window to see if all is well? Can you start it from the engine bay while your checking things?

Ordinarily, a louvered stainless panel covers the brake assist-er and the second dash and starting button.

Cool another rod fan :)

I'd bin the rover v8 as blasphemous as that sounds and chuck in a pinto it would be faster and handle miles better it'd just lacking the v8 burble.It's becoming more common to pop in none conventional lumps in place of the regular boring small blocks.

could try a cologne lump at least it'd still be a V and you would already have 160ish bhp to work with.

They sound nice,just over done and lacking in power without chucking horrendous amounts of cash at them.Sure twas an old Austin I seen that had a fairly light tuned rover k series in.That thing was sickeningly quick even tho it's a poncy four banger.Only thing rover v8's have in there favour is they are one of the lightest V8's to chuck in.Like the bonnet mounted gauge panel