dogs dead in police car

Joy Yeomans

Mmm, He is involved obviously in the security planning etc of an extremely high profile event that not only has major logistical challenges in policing and has a high “terrorist” risk attached.

Its not as if he just went shopping or some other self-centred task, besides they were only dogs which are just food in a lot of places.

Sorry but there is no excuse for doing what this officer did . if indeed this man is involved in the security planning for the olyimpics then i would most certainly question every decision that has been made by him ! Lets be honest if he can not be trusted with two dogs how the hell would anyone trust him to make important decisions ????

As for your statement that "they were only dogs" i would ask you weather you feel that it is acceptable for a growm man to marry a 14 year old girl and father her children ???? . in other countries it is legal BUT ITS NOT LEGAL IN THE UK is it ????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very well said CTS im guessing that b101uk isnt a dog man. he has had a slap on the wrists before so now he sould get the full punishment doesnt matter who he is, jonathan your right he is clearly in the wrong job. i very much dought he will be banned from keeping animals tho as his wife is a police dog handler too!!

As for your statement that "they were only dogs" i would ask you weather you feel that it is acceptable for a growm man to marry a 14 year old girl and father her children ???? . in other countries it is legal BUT ITS NOT LEGAL IN THE UK is it ????

I wouldn’t kill &/or eat a “14 year old girl”, on the other hand I have no qualms about killing a dog or any other animal and if I was starving dog would be much higher up the menu than e.g. most vegetables and cheese.

You counter argument it totally irrelevant, it is not illegal to eat dog in the UK or humanely kill them, but humane killing dose include throat slitting/bleeding out besides the more traditional bolt/live round guns and as I said at the time he was not carrying out a self-centred task like MOST people are doing who leave dogs in cars.

Two counts of leaving dogs in hot cars is extremely negligent and I would have thought he should be dismissed from the force and prosecuted.

However, since the last event the chap has thrown himself out of a moving vehicle - he is obviously very troubled.

What he did was wrong, no doubt, and there should be consequences. But why would you wish him to die for this? I find the attitude that says he should go ahead and top himself sickening to be honest.

So we have a mentally unstable person with access to Firearms who show's disregard for himself and Animals.

If he goes 'postal" with a MP5,I guess nobody would have seen it coming....

This man needs help,and that help needs to be provided in a place he cannot harm himself or others.So far this has not been done.

I wouldn’t kill &/or eat a “14 year old girl”, on the other hand I have no qualms about killing a dog or any other animal and if I was starving dog would be much higher up the menu than e.g. most vegetables and cheese.

You counter argument it totally irrelevant, it is not illegal to eat dog in the UK or humanely kill them, but humane killing dose include throat slitting/bleeding out besides the more traditional bolt/live round guns and as I said at the time he was not carrying out a self-centred task like MOST people are doing who leave dogs in cars.

Firsly i will point out that it is an offence to leave any animal locked in a car with no ventilation or water , secondly it is not legal to kill dogs to eat in this country .

i personally think that if you can not see that what that police officer did is wrong and you can justify why he did what he did for the second time then you are a complete fool .

but this officer didnt eat or humanely kill these 2 sorry 3 dogs he left them in a boiling hot cars to die a slow death, intentional or not. It is illegal in this country to cause suffering to an animal. im not a a veggie or a tree hugger im a country lad a former keeper and i have had to shoot a dog before for stock worring so im no bunny hugger but wot this officer did was wrong i couldn't care less if he was doing his shopping or planning the security details for 2012. it was wrong.

but this officer didnt eat or humanely kill these 2 sorry 3 dogs he left them in a boiling hot cars to die a slow death, intentional or not. It is illegal in this country to cause suffering to an animal. im not a a veggie or a tree hugger im a country lad a former keeper and i have had to shoot a dog before for stock worring so im no bunny hugger but wot this officer did was wrong i couldn't care less if he was doing his shopping or planning the security details for 2012. it was wrong.

:thumbup: i could not agree more :thumbup:

Firsly i will point out that it is an offence to leave any animal locked in a car with no ventilation or water , secondly it is not legal to kill dogs to eat in this country .

i personally think that if you can not see that what that police officer did is wrong and you can justify why he did what he did for the second time then you are a complete fool .

It would be illegal to kill someone else’s dog to eat, just as it would be to kill someone else’s chicken, pig, cow, sheep, horse, rabbit and so on for consumption without there permission.

I did not say what the police man did was right or wrong, it is wrong but the whole sentiment in this thread is driven by people emotive sentimentality to dogs rather than the sensible judgement.

He was NOT doing something that was self-centred like most people who leave dogs etc in vehicles, he may not have been doing something with immediate results like rescuing a proverbial “14 year old girl” from a fast flowing river wile the dogs died but he may well have potentially had the thought of tens, hundreds or even thousands of people lives at a major international sporting event held in 2012 which in the cold hard light of day is significantly MORE important than the lives of 2 dogs or what MOST people have been doing when they have left dogs to die in hot cars, therefore there MUST be mitigation of the circumstance.

It would be illegal to kill someone else’s dog to eat, just as it would be to kill someone else’s chicken, pig, cow, sheep, horse, rabbit and so on for consumption without there permission.

I did not say what the police man did was right or wrong, it is wrong but the whole sentiment in this thread is driven by people emotive sentimentality to dogs rather than the sensible judgement.

He was NOT doing something that was self-centred like most people who leave dogs etc in vehicles, he may not have been doing something with immediate results like rescuing a proverbial “14 year old girl” from a fast flowing river wile the dogs died but he may well have potentially had the thought of tens, hundreds or even thousands of people lives at a major international sporting event held in 2012 which in the cold hard light of day is significantly MORE important than the lives of 2 dogs or what MOST people have been doing when they have left dogs to die in hot cars, therefore there MUST be mitigation of the circumstance.

it makes no difference as to what he was doing , it is simle , two dogs were left in a car with no ventilation or water , i may add that the vehicle was "unmarked" - it was later revield that this vehicle was not a dog van neither was it intended to be used as a patrole vehicle. It is Home Office policy that all dogs shall have access to water and that all ploice vehilces designed to carry dogs shall have a roof mounted air vent, also it is Home Office policy that all working dogs will not be confined in a vehicle for long periods of time. These dogs were not at work and should never have been put in that situation .

I would not say that it is a case of sentimentality , it is a case that most people on here know the difference betwene right and wrong .