MS250 - What have I done??

IRONJACK

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup - little metal domes, refurbed a 262 for a member on here, he rebuilt the carb, running like a train, he fired it up and five minute later it died. Came back to me and the welch plug had blown out - he had just pushed it in:001_rolleyes:

I don't usually pull them as there is little point unless you have tried everything else and nothing is working - they can leak so sealing them in is needed if they are removed.

Not sure where you put air on but a carb clean is best done with an aerosol of carb cleaner and not hi comp air - 99% of the time this works - the MS200 on my bench at the moment is the exception to this - driving me mad:confused1:

So the moral of the story is...

Red wine and carb rebuilds don't mix!

Thank you Arbtalk! And most of all thank you spudulike! Or should I say the saw whisperer?! I can believe you got the problem without even seeing the saw and just from a brief description. Your unreal mate!

So it was the pumping membrane and spacer the wrong way round all along, no damage done. And the other great news, I found the leak! It was the cracked fuel line after all.

1 more question spud, where do you buy your spares? Locally or on line?

Many thanks again to everyone who chipped in!

In another life I was a God but have since been dealt the mortal blow of being made human but with super human skills in regards to chainsaws - some call me "Chainsaw repair man":laugh1: I sometimes wear my underpants on the outside of my trousers!

Thanks for the thanks - glad you got there in the end, alcohol an saw repair doesn't readily mix, some repairs drive you to drink though :001_rolleyes:

My spares come from Martin at Kwickchip (ebay), Mister solutions and a few other ebay and online suppliers.

In another life I was a God but have since been dealt the mortal blow of being made human but with super human skills in regards to chainsaws - some call me "Chainsaw repair man":laugh1: I sometimes wear my underpants on the outside of my trousers!

Thanks for the thanks - glad you got there in the end, alcohol an saw repair doesn't readily mix, some repairs drive you to drink though :001_rolleyes:

My spares come from Martin at Kwickchip (ebay), Mister solutions and a few other ebay and online suppliers.

What like this, but for saws???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eCdIe0wdvU]YouTube - ‪Monty Python: Bicycle repairman!‬‏[/ame]