Small Echo's

Charlieh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have the 270,& the tes 260,same saws,just rear & top handles.

Both have been used hard & beyond their design purpose,no probs in about 3 years other than one brake band.

Just finnished an orchard take down,the whole lot had to go through a small chipper,(tw125),so a lot of cutting.

Took 2 weeks solid work,about 100 trees /day,& the saw was my preference for the light weight & keen cutting ability. Saw performed without any agg,& its already done about 3 years sporadic work.

Well putting it on an 8" carving bar has made it great for careful coppicing etc but its a lot slower than a pro saw such as a 346 mine gets used on the alstor a lot as its tiny so handy for storing out the way on the off chance you need to sned something or if your just walking round tidying up the woods so carrying it long distances. It doesn't get a huge amount of use but definitely worth having for the cost

Cheers guys :thumbup1:

Am fancying one for those really light jobs where a normal small saw is a bit overkill. The 550's great but almost a bit too lively for some jobs, and a bit thirsty. We've been doing a bit of formative pruning/cleaning the last few weeks and been using 242's and 42's and they're great too but can't elp bt feel a tiny saw could just fill a bit of a gap from time to time.

Cheers guys :thumbup1:

Am fancying one for those really light jobs where a normal small saw is a bit overkill. The 550's great but almost a bit too lively for some jobs, and a bit thirsty. We've been doing a bit of formative pruning/cleaning the last few weeks and been using 242's and 42's and they're great too but can't elp bt feel a tiny saw could just fill a bit of a gap from time to time.

I've been seriously considering the wee Echo too this week for exactly the same reasons. I think the 346 is overkill on first thinning/scrub clearance/formative pruning and it does get tiring when doing a lot of delicate pruning. £231 inc VAT is the best price I've found so far.

Jonathan

I've been seriously considering the wee Echo too this week for exactly the same reasons. I think the 346 is overkill on first thinning/scrub clearance/formative pruning and it does get tiring when doing a lot of delicate pruning. £231 inc VAT is the best price I've found so far.

Jonathan

£229's best I've seen so far so not much in it :thumbup1: That was the Titan Pro website.

Will get those measurements sorted for the Yew sorted shortly - am a bit further behind than where I hoped to be by now so couldn't measure it all in situ :blushing:

Dropped by the local Echo dealer today in the hope of getting a good lokk at one, but they didn't have one in stock unfortunately. The new version is the 2800es (or something similar) and they're offering it at £240 all in which didn't seem too bad.

Queried bar lengths, comes with 12" as standard but he ran the part numbers for the 10" and 8" and they are showing as available, but the best bit is an 8" bar is nearly £80 (and that is just the bar - no chain!).

Still quite fancy one though :001_smile: