Hamadryads diary- a new chapter

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one :thumbup1: , better than the huge trifold specimen, I found yesterday fruiting from a large wound at the base of an old beech. It was a pity it was rather dirty from rain running down the bark of the trunk.

---

Dirty or not, thats a great image, least the first one is:thumbup1:

I am really looking forward to a walk in the woods with you one day :001_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive not been myself this season, and havent had my eye on the fungal ball as it where, today though something switched on and i clocked this group of magpie inkcaps at the edge of some beech trees in deep deep leaf mold/litter. there are nigh on a hundred with more coming through. Apologies for the poor photos the light was fading fast and i will return tommorow for a much better image.

The last image i rather like, ganoderma australe on Oak with bulging bell butt! and in the background ash with p. squarossus with a bench! So for those that are watching me and what i type, what i am trying to say is that whilst fungi DO have their dangers, they are not all going to kill us tommorow!:lol:

There are hundreds and thousands of fungi/tree combinations around us at all times, the statistics STILL are 1-10,000,000 against you being killed by a tree, even allowing for the presence of so many fungal tree relationships.

59765ed4a41c3_magpie088.jpg.e2a3b7233fc60815924c13e7c1c314b6.jpg

59765ed4a70b1_magpie085.jpg.8c378efe8e1c24d214718c1f00b6761e.jpg

59765ed4aa141_magpie102.jpg.284f1db5d8d59f7fcfc5622c787fa7d6.jpg

59765ed4acddc_magpie092.jpg.6761bc6671770e7899745ac6da363b85.jpg

59765ed4b06de_magpie044.jpg.cc7d307aa351678f05c6466752f67b39.jpg

Have you put a picture of the oak with G. australe up before? It seems familiar?

one and the same, just thought i would add as there is now p. squarosus in shot also, good eye dude!

well I cant type what I wanted to as i'd probably have to ban myself :biggrin:

that's rather astonishing Tony :thumbup:

I thought you would appreciate these, the mycelium and fruit bodies are within a band of leaf litter 20ft wide by 50ft long, there will be loads over the next few days!:001_cool:

take you there if you had the time, but days are so short:thumbdown:

Amazing :confused1: , the biggest number of "pica's" I've ever seen at one time is three ! Must be quite some beechwood too.

Not really, it was road side, the beech litter from a few mid aged beech on wood boundary though the area has history.

I will keep track of these as they are on my way to and from work, but going up there again tommorow to get them in proper daylight. as you know they dont last, but theres so many and the weather is in thier favour been foggy for all day for days on end, perfect fung weather!:thumbup1:

They are BIG healthy fruits too, was a sight to see i can tell thee.:thumbup:

Today or rather this weekend is perfect fung hunting weather, and they are EVERYWHERE, get off your bums and go to the woods with your cameras, and share what you find with us, its going bananas out there folks.

enjoy, and i will see you later with some pretty pictures:thumbup1: