Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Turning a lot of orders away over 20 miles, Is'nt anyone in the Wylam/Newcastle area selling seasoned dry firewood?

I'm sticking to our 20 mile radius this year for 1st time, there is enough local business. Tipping trailer is speeding things up, plus charging to stack (for 1st time in my life) has increased output, most people wont pay a few extra pounds, so I am tipping more loads off.( I'd still stack for any frail elderly or sick people.)

Stacking for free???!!!!! What have you been doing, running a charity???!!! :lol:

Turning a lot of orders away over 20 miles, Is'nt anyone in the Wylam/Newcastle area selling seasoned dry firewood?

I'm sticking to our 20 mile radius this year for 1st time, there is enough local business. Tipping trailer is speeding things up, plus charging to stack (for 1st time in my life) has increased output, most people wont pay a few extra pounds, so I am tipping more loads off.( I'd still stack for any frail elderly or sick people.)

HI STEPH NICE there mate for helping the older people :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Stacking for free???!!!!! What have you been doing, running a charity???!!! :lol:

Looks like it:001_rolleyes: but not any more!! I am having to cope with a few grumpy customers, but I have offered to do it if paid, suprising only 1 so far has said yes...

I can blame it on my Dad, as he would never charge to stack, and it has just been the way we have always done things ever since, even though he is not with us any more!

I'm sticking to our 20 mile radius this year for 1st time, there is enough local business. Tipping trailer is speeding things up

hope you got a tacho fitted, and keeping to your hours, or is there no vosa up there

If your raw material is becoming difficult for you to aquire, at I assume the price you have become accustomed to paying why are you selling at a price which does not reflect the massive increase in materials cost ?

I am assuming of course you have not increased your price per cube by at least £20.

Supply and demand but log sellers insist on giving a ever increasing scarce commodity away cheap as chips.

I sell poplar and alder mainly which costs me almost nothing so my prices reflect that and I can turn big quantities over.:thumbup: