Arb Show Food

Treemon

"nosh" means different things around the country you know!

:lol::lol:

I couldnt go to the show this year, but TBH i am amazed at some of the comments regarding the food. I have been to hundreds of agricultural shows, horse shows, steam fairs, festivals, raves etc etc, and never once have i had gourmet food at little chef prices with no queues. All the queuing and prices that have ben described in this thread appear to be nothing out of the ordinary WHATSOEVER in my experience. Unless you lot have hardly ever been to outdoor events of any variety, then you ought to have gone prepared (picnics or stoves and food etc) or stop whingeing.

p.s. iam ready to be shot down in flames for this:blushing::biggrin:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you call £5 for a piece of dry french stick with 2 bits of bacon ok then your in another world and for lunch a dollop of mash with 1 sausage and a bit of gravy for £7.50 then your having a laff. there is NO excuse for providing crap food at rip off prices.

The sausage & mash with gravy was in fact 2 quality, hand-made sausages (flavours of your choice) for 7.50, with a large helping of mash and gravy, a decent meal in a box, and good value. I had a box full of different sausages at the end of the day, very tasty and properly cooked, pukka grub with a side of chutney. I went to another show today, and prices were similar, quality was a lot lower.

Am I missing something here???

You go to an arboricultural trade fair to look at shiny new kit and big noisy wood eating things. If you want gourmet finger food and that's your top priority for the day then you go to a farmer's market or something similar.

I would have thought the quality of the snacks would be kind of immaterial when that's not actually what you went there for in the first place.

Boys and their sausages... :001_rolleyes:

janey, you are definitely missing something :biggrin: An army marches on its stomach, engines require fuel. I enjoy food, good food, I begrudge spending money on crappy greasy burgers, but will pay for good food served with a happy face any day :thumbup1:

Totally ditto on that :thumbup1:

But I still wouldn't let a lack of decent food (and I'm one of the faddiest eaters going) detract from the whole point of the 'fair: the tree stuff.

To be honest i had a sausage roll whilst there. Two mint and lamb sausages in a brown roll for £5.50. Only problem i had is that there were no white rolls left:thumbdown:. I can't believe that people don't expect to pay these prices. Come on guys it was a day out. Think of your own business'. The bloke had two girls serving:thumbup: one bloke cleaning and sorting sausages out to be cooked and all these people need paying for as well as the pitch no doubt and insurance.........need i go on?

cracking food for what we had there, even sweet talked the lady at sausage fest for a extra free sausage!!!

Im not complaining as they were having a good time and as andy said, they were smiling and cheerful. That works for me.