Hows the arbshow going any good buys

mendiplogs

It wasnt so much a dig at you Kev, more making a point in general. There are complaints from many "Northerners" that everything is organised in the South, yet when an event is planned up there the turn-out is poor. Any of these events only work if people attend. From a personal point of view I was disappointed to not catch up with many of our more northerly membership up there.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy there is north and there is north!! A show in the Leeds / Manchester area would attract an awful lot more people than one about as far north east as you can go without seeing blokes with skirts on.

I wish I could go to all the shows but can't afford the fuel or the time, I would have probably gone to the northern show if I hadnt been told about the poor turn out of traders. However it would have meant one of the other shows would have been missed. 1000 miles in 2 months for shows is pushing the limits unless there is something special on.

Kev

Gents,

personally made the decision to give Arb show a miss and save myself for Jonsies gig. Just for the dancing girls!!!!! (Remember last year, or was it a girl?).

Drive times are more or less the same to each event, I just enjoyed it that little bit more!!! But thats just my view!!! Cheers!!

Thing is,, without Gustharts ( proper North) and Jonesie (proper South) there would only be the AA Show. Due to the fact that these 2 dealers have set up a show, they are going to hold them on their "turf'". All of these shows are quite a trek for me, given I'm nearly as far east as you can get without falling in the North Sea!:001_smile: Anyway, good to see you at the AA, see you at Justins :thumbup1:

Most of the shows arent too bad of a drive, capel is a bit far for one day really, but it is doable, couldnt manage north fair as i had things to do but always try and manage the AA show because its 2 and a half hours away which i can handle.

Carpooling with other members makes it easier, it adds to travelling time but saves fuel (unless you boot it at 90 kev :biggrin:)

4 big arb blokes in my little citroen would see it making its own road markings!

Jonesies is that far proper south that it is difficult for me to justify the trip! but anything further up than that is a bit easier.

swings and roundabouts, share the driving and cost and it doesnt make it so bad

I didn't go this year talked it over with some of the other guys and decided not to make the trip. I haven't exactly earnt mega bucks this years, so rather than buying all the shiny things i want, i have to stick with what i need. This seemed to be shared by others, many seem to be feeling the pinch.

Also the price of fuel...yadda yadde blah blah etc.

maybe next year

As said Justin matched prices on the day and reduced his displayed prices if anyone else was cheaper

Petal rope grab £10 - last years colour

Cutnand climb smock - 1/2 price as last years colour and not many sizes left

201T £369 all in

If you want a 201T from Justin be quick, when we left he said he would probably be sold out by mid day tomorrow. There are others there up to £425

It didn't seem as big as last year, parking is a long walk unless you get there early and the food situation is poor to say the least. It's no APF but it is a good day out

Out of interest di:laugh1:d you have to show proof of training to buy one or were they just trusting

It wasnt so much a dig at you Kev, more making a point in general. There are complaints from many "Northerners" that everything is organised in the South, yet when an event is planned up there the turn-out is poor. Any of these events only work if people attend. From a personal point of view I was disappointed to not catch up with many of our more northerly membership up there.

They like moaning more than spending money :001_rolleyes::001_cool: