Anyone had anything to do with the removal of bees?

_tc

I reckon the wallpaper idea is least hassle. Stick some paper over the hole(s) maybe a pallet over it for a bit of protection and carry on!

If they get through, the bees will have a chance and will easily find their way through the logs to get out once they're though the paper.

If they get out a little quicker then you'd want them to, just ignore them. If you can try and avoid chucking a log right on their doorway they'll be fine. One of those tiny pallets will protect them easy enough.

They won't do anyone any harm, apart from bumblebees being very docile, their ovipositor has not evolved into a sting like those on honeybees.

So, the easy way: Just ignore them

the "feel-good" way: Stick a bit of paper down.

the money wasted, evil killer, dangerous way: burn them out.

your choice...

If they dont, you've not wasted a load of money and or time, but you can rest with the knowledge you've given them a fair chance.

They won't do anyone any harm, apart from bumblebees being very docile, their ovipositor has not evolved into a sting like those on honeybees.

Docile they may be, but I can assure you that bumblebees can definitely sting! Also, unlike honeybees, their sting isn't barbed so they have no problem stinging repeatedly.

That said, you've really got to go some to make them sting, and while I wouldn't recommend it as a wise course of action, I managed to relocate a nest I inadvertently dug out last year by picking it up at night and moving it by hand. Managed to stay sting free too.:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, today was the day to paper over the bees and pallet on top. I getbthere and all is quiet , a quick prod and nothing. The bees seem to have gone. There are a couple buzzing around but seem lost so I guess the rest didn't let these guys know?!

Thanks for all help, and my karma is intact!