Inonotus on Ash....

sean

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

although surely there must be a time when limb failure is immenent and if no-one is watching.......

1 in 10,000,000 is the risk we face from trees, trees as I will show you are rotten to the core and within 1/4mile of you right now. If I came to where you live and pointed out every tree that has fungi within them it would take a day to walk a mile.

You are only in fact les than twice as likely to be killed by a tree than you are struck by lightning.

come with me on a tour of some of my sites and I will show you just how decayed a tree must be to fail:thumbup1:

don't you worry, this year is the "tour year" after june i'm pretty much free most weekends and evenings and will be making the effort to go all over the country

it will also help in collecting data and images for my database:thumbup:

oh yes, they'll ALL be going in and the golden rain tree is a fine example of a tree

only ever seen a tiddler in a nursery a good while ago now

do you know the whereabouts of a biggy?

Got this one in flower too, stunning it was, as for a biggy, I will pic my brain cos i seem to remember there being a bigger one somewhere. have you started a thread on this yet?

59765b4d29b93_Ashridgepar27052012005.jpg.6da4cf8850bb95f6e260cd7e7785e231.jpg

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/tree-health-care/29270-tree-identification-database.html

still building the database but collecting pics in the background, as to avoid copyrights etc i hope to take most of the pics myself or from help of others with permissions and recognition

tis going to be a big job and will be a while before its ready but once it is it WILL be the definitive online resource/phone app for tree identification

anyway, don't want to derail your thread too much so carry on the tree id etc in this thread

so, back to hispidus:biggrin: