freelance advice

jamesw

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like steve said, if your any good then your diary will fill up, you soon learn who you like and who you dont and what works best for you, it turned me into a bit of a work-a-holic tho, the mrs aint to happy some times:001_tongue:

personally i love buying my own kit etc and you will see a greater money turn over as well

The next 18months are a very bad time to start freelancing i know every firm in my area and i know firms are not taking on no more people and not using subbies.

A few mates have been made redundent as the work is slowing down.

There is work about but more people are scramming for it.

The next 18months are a very bad time to start freelancing i know every firm in my area and i know firms are not taking on no more people and not using subbies.

A few mates have been made redundent as the work is slowing down.

There is work about but more people are scramming for it.

see i look at it in another way....i think companies will be laying off employees then find themselves short when they hit short busy spells and find themselves in need of subbies, course either way its speculation

I see what your saying steve.

Just noticed one medium 3 truck company went bust first hit i guess now im seeing tree workers loosing jobs im getting alot of apps for jobs but i dont have enough for more than 3 men.

I think were going for a rough ride. But like you say there is still work we might have to adapt ourselfs to suit tighter budgets.

going freelance is always a risk but like a few threads said if your any good then the work will find you,dont be put off at first as its always tough starting out but it was the best thing i ever did and now i have the freedom of networking with other folk for my private work through word of mouth and a wee bit of advertising and freelance climbing for the busier out fits and having public liabilty and all the relevant tiks has got me plenty of work.a definate must.

i wish you well

• 1 month later...