May Wood sales.

Hodge

It would be great if everyone bought there wood through the summer rather than when its cold and wet in october! There is an old saying 'no one buys an umberella untill its pis:lol:ng down". I sold 4 double loads today from 3 old customers and one new one, the new guy wants to book one for july, september and october. if only more people planned ahead.i keep pushing the summer stock- up but im not selling at discounted prices just to sell it, i tell them how nice that wood will be in october if its stacked away over the next few months in their wood stores:001_rolleyes:

Time to chill:thumbup1:

Took a 'summer' order last night from a new customer. Most of my summer orders go to 'incomers' from Europe, seems they are used to being much more organised with their log stocks over there. Not like the Brits; think about the first order with the frosts & a repeat order when the last piece has been burned!

I do sell at discount, i am selling unseasoned loads and knocking off the cost and time of seasoning and double handling. I have put prices for a 1.5 tonne crate up form £70 to £120 in the space of 3 years. I am currently selling unseasoned loads 1.5 tonne box which is about 600 logs 2m3 for £90 (mixed wood), seasoned £120 (and haven't lost any customers). I reckon i am supplying quality and am trying to set my prices in line with everyone on here, as i realise i was becoming/being a "busy fool", and spent too long worrying about charging too much. I suspect that i will be charging £70 m3 by Oct 2011, which i reckon is bout right unless corrected on here?

I have been selling at least 3m3 a week for the last 4 weeks, all unseasoned, i am selling "at last seasons prices". Figure becuase i am just splitting and throwing in the van not putting in a vented bag etc i dont mind giving my clients a bit of discount if they are prepared to plan ahead.

Everyone who has bought has loved being able to pick what logs they get as i have been letting people know by the wonders of the internet what i am processing Lime this week, or Holly, or Ash, or softwood etc.

If i had seasoned logs id be able to sell them as lots of people are still lighing their fires. I certainly am, we have the heating off and just light he stove in the lounge at night.. glad i saved some seasoned stuff for us! lol

I have been selling at least 3m3 a week for the last 4 weeks, all unseasoned, i am selling "at last seasons prices". Figure becuase i am just splitting and throwing in the van not putting in a vented bag etc i dont mind giving my clients a bit of discount if they are prepared to plan ahead.

Everyone who has bought has loved being able to pick what logs they get as i have been letting people know by the wonders of the internet what i am processing Lime this week, or Holly, or Ash, or softwood etc.

If i had seasoned logs id be able to sell them as lots of people are still lighing their fires. I certainly am, we have the heating off and just light he stove in the lounge at night.. glad i saved some seasoned stuff for us! lol[/Q

do you run an internet site to enable the customers to see what you have or do you use facebook?

Just using one of the new face book group pages, making sure i update it with a picture a week of a job we have done and i always run an offer at the end of the week. This weeks was £120 for 2m3 of softwood as i have shed loads of it i am splitting at the moment!

On a monday or sunday i will let my followers (hail presidenti windfall) know what is being split the coming week and offer a free bag of kindling or something.

I have a mere 44 Likes but its working for me.

Facebooks good,I made a bomb in new custom, and it is quite fun to keep people up to date on services offered.

This summer my target markets Been campers and selling net packs of logs kIndling and some firelights so that's kept sales up,Had 10 new customers for uncut unseasoned lengths aswell the self cut and split markets defo on the grow,people want to feel countryfied I guess lol

Much nicer delivering in dry weather and able to work longer love summer orders