so im taking pa2a on monday...

pyro

What do i need to know or brace my self for?

Im taking it on a quad at morton training services, through east riding council.

any tips and all that welcome :biggrin:

just passed pa1 and pa6 this afternoon!

these free ticket things are brilliant arent they!

Ben

interesting I was told i couldnt take PA2 on my ATV when i did it,

main thing is really inspect the sprayer properly pumps servicable etc, also carry out all the machine checks as per your atv training, be thorough on this section

ive not actually got any atv training. but im hoping ill get that aswell! making it potentially 4-5 nptc c&g tickets in as many weeks. (triple mower, pa1+pa6+pa2, and possibly atv)

All ive been asked is if i have a driving licence, "yep" that'll do.

i shall have to look into the atv bit.

cheers

Ben

you do only need a driving licence to drive a quad but lantra have brought in ATV training to improve safety as there tends to be a few accidents on them on farms!

i did my pa2a on the quads we had at the time, just get your calculations right and your fine!

What do i need to know or brace my self for?

Im taking it on a quad at morton training services, through east riding council.

any tips and all that welcome :biggrin:

just passed pa1 and pa6 this afternoon!

these free ticket things are brilliant arent they!

Ben

Always curious how you maintain a steady speed - do you have a GPS or acurate speedo on the quad. I have issues with the callibration on these type of machines for PA2:confused1:

check your ppe carefully and your quad i you will not be allowed to take the test if they are faulty or not up to standard, take time to calibrate and make sure that your calculations are correct,count to ten before answering questions, the examiners are not out to fail you think before answering

all equipment is supplied through eryc, on friday the examiner had a quick look over it and he didnt seem best impressed with it all, but he said it JUST gets through the saftey/requirements etc.

It turned out on friday that it was the lantra ATV, so gave me a chance to get used to the quads again.

Pa2a tomorrow, assessment on friday I think!

Passed Pa6 on friday aswell, 1 minor - dont kneel down while mixing, which i didnt actually know, but kinda obvious now i think about it.

and got Pa1 on thursday - 31/33 which im happy with! the two questions i got wrong were legislation interpretation, bit ambiguous really!

cheers

Ben

all equipment is supplied through eryc, on friday the examiner had a quick look over it and he didnt seem best impressed with it all, but he said it JUST gets through the saftey/requirements etc.

It turned out on friday that it was the lantra ATV, so gave me a chance to get used to the quads again.

Pa2a tomorrow, assessment on friday I think!

Passed Pa6 on friday aswell, 1 minor - dont kneel down while mixing, which i didnt actually know, but kinda obvious now i think about it.

and got Pa1 on thursday - 31/33 which im happy with! the two questions i got wrong were legislation interpretation, bit ambiguous really!

cheers

Ben

I,m curious. What parts of the quad was he unhappy with?

Mounting of spray tanks/reservoir. the height of them and the fact the frames are labled to 65kg, with a 70l tank on the back. that is mounted over the tool kit so you cant get into it.

spray lance (hand held one) is not secured on very well.

first aid kit is zip tied shut :thumbup:

tyres pumped up to 20psi (max 3-6)

general maintenance and up keep. all in safe useable condition, just filters and greasing not reall kept up to (spose that is the operators reponsibility really!)

hope that makes sense

and that some one from eryc isnt going to jump on me :001_tongue:

Ben (or is it?)

Mounting of spray tanks/reservoir. the height of them and the fact the frames are labled to 65kg, with a 70l tank on the back. that is mounted over the tool kit so you cant get into it.

spray lance (hand held one) is not secured on very well.

first aid kit is zip tied shut :thumbup:

tyres pumped up to 20psi (max 3-6)

general maintenance and up keep. all in safe useable condition, just filters and greasing not reall kept up to (spose that is the operators reponsibility really!)

hope that makes sense

and that some one from eryc isnt going to jump on me :001_tongue:

Ben (or is it?)

Wow, he certainly had a good check over the quad - sounds like he missed his vocation as a mot inspector:lol: