Stolen chipper / ebay scam

treesloth

we were contacted by ebay last week with regards to a Hakki processor we were bidding on, again in Scotland.

I'd emailed the seller to enquire if i could come and look, also if he had loading facilities.

He offered it to me for £2400 delivered. We'd had the same scam tried on us when we were looking for another tipper also off ebay, no end of vans, all delivered, all must be paid for up front via bank transfer.........

I DON'T THINK SO

hi guys there are many scams on ebay and you can always tell the straight deals to the scams by the feedback people have given. My timberwolf is on ebay now with my pictures my listing and i sold it 2 years ago and guess what the person thats selling it doesnt have any feedback. Ive reported it to ebay should be taken off in the next day. Infact it been taken off already was trying to show the link. lol How these people run there enterprise is this, you contact them trough ebay asking for a buy it now price or any question about it, they then send you there hotmail email address so you start emailing them through that. Now you are not in contact with ebay and have no protection. You both agree on a price for the machine he then offers for the machine to be delivered for free. yer right. lol. They even make up a freight corriour service website lol They send you a ebay invioce to your hotmail saying they a bank tranfer is best method of payment. Ebay will never send you a invioce wiva hotmail by the way. They say you have a 30 day protection because they have 7000 pounds in another ebay account offering protection to people who are not happy with there purchance. Aloud of rubbish. These are con men they never have had a machine or car or woteva to sell and have no intention of deliverying something they havent got. ALWAYS CHECK THERE FEEDBACK RATING. DONT GET CAUGHT OUT GUYS. ALWAYS PAY VIA PAYPAL IF YOUR GETTING SOMETHING DELIVERED AND YOU HAVENT SEEN IT. YOU GET 45 DAYS PROTECTION ON YOUR GOODS. NEVER SEND MONEY VIA INSTAND BANK TRANSFER. Hope these helps and stop people getting conned again

hi guys there are many scams on ebay and you can always tell the straight deals to the scams by the feedback people have given. My timberwolf is on ebay now with my pictures my listing and i sold it 2 years ago and guess what the person thats selling it doesnt have any feedback. Ive reported it to ebay should be taken off in the next day. Infact it been taken off already was trying to show the link. lol How these people run there enterprise is this, you contact them trough ebay asking for a buy it now price or any question about it, they then send you there hotmail email address so you start emailing them through that. Now you are not in contact with ebay and have no protection. You both agree on a price for the machine he then offers for the machine to be delivered for free. yer right. lol. They even make up a freight corriour service website lol They send you a ebay invioce to your hotmail saying they a bank tranfer is best method of payment. Ebay will never send you a invioce wiva hotmail by the way. They say you have a 30 day protection because they have 7000 pounds in another ebay account offering protection to people who are not happy with there purchance. Aloud of rubbish. These are con men they never have had a machine or car or woteva to sell and have no intention of deliverying something they havent got. ALWAYS CHECK THERE FEEDBACK RATING. DONT GET CAUGHT OUT GUYS. ALWAYS PAY VIA PAYPAL IF YOUR GETTING SOMETHING DELIVERED AND YOU HAVENT SEEN IT. YOU GET 45 DAYS PROTECTION ON YOUR GOODS. NEVER SEND MONEY VIA INSTAND BANK TRANSFER. Hope these helps and stop people getting conned again

A bit like this one?:confused1:

Timberwolf Chipper 30/150H. 2002. | eBay UK

This is really bad, unless you paid by credit card or paypal you have little chance of seeing your cash again.

Having said that the banks can claw bank transfers back in the event of a fraud, assuming that the police are involved, I would contact your bank immediately and give them the crime number and the name of the officer dealing with the case. There is a slim chance that the crooks have been sloppy and left some money in the account.

Good luck. And ring your bank NOW and tell them you have been a victim of fraud.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I nearly got caught the same way. I was going to buy a Kubota mower from Gumtree. I had looked at loads and this one seemed fairly priced. It wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Anyhow they contacted me and wanted paying by electronic transfer at the post office. I was all set to pay and then phoned the guy just one last time to ask how i was going to get the machine. He said 'on a lorry'!! I asked how i'd get it off at my end as i haven't got a forklift. He told me not to worry so guess what....i started to worry. I relooked at the ebay invoive (as he said we'd do it through their transactions to give me peace of mind) and it didn't have my correct user name on it. I phoned the guy and suggeted that he was a crook. He decided to put the phone down. I informed Gumtree, Ebay and the police and to this day have heard nothing else so don't know what happened. Presume nothing happened really and he's out there scamming others. The only bonus was i had two numbers for him so initially i called him and told him i'd sent the money. All he wanted to know about was the code that he needed to get the money but i kept asking about the delivery. He kept saying it'll be there it'll be there so i told him that i knew his game and that he was a f!"*ing crook and i was going to find him and sort him out. I then spent the next two days phoning him and abusing him!! Absolute scum these people are. They need stringing up.

My missus was looking for a flat in London and I couldn't believe how many scammers there were on the Gumtree.

You soon get a feel for them. But they're getting cleverer. Instead of having a ridiculous too good to be true deal they are now offering just a good, just better than average deal.

Always go to view a machine/flat/whatever first. As soon as it's 'I am out the country' 'the machine is here but I will not be able to show you in person' leave it.