My "new" bridge...

Amelanchier

I don't know if you supposed to change the shackles with every new bridge, but it might not be a bad idea anyway.

If you don't need to change the bridge the locktight will undo, but shouldn't allow the bolts to vibrate out with use. Be carefull I think there are different strengths of locktight some don't come free after setting unless youve got a blow torch and a big hammer!:hmmmm:

I've used the Red Loctite with minimal problems!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a recent post where paulos-treebuzz-rope-sheath-bridge-renovation-idea was mentioned and it reminded my of my promise to show some pics of the mod after some climbing.

Pics show almost a month of climbing about 3-4 days a week.

As you can see, the shrinkwrap has begun to "ripple" where the paw hits it while pivoting. What I've found happens though is that the resistance put forward by the shrink wrap stops the paw reaching the end of the bridge most of the time. This stops the paw hitting the shackles which used to do my head in.

All in all I'm very happy with it and have done the same with my other harness

Shrinkwrap2.jpg.139ab3e086cc51595947bcfda92f5323.jpg

59765316535f1_Shrinkwrap1.jpg.836da47fb6e19a6149bb3d418dec47d0.jpg

597653164f0aa_Wholebridge1.jpg.65ae5b7c482ec940086da4505da0d2ed.jpg

Sorry a bit off topic hear but i looked at buying this harness in Honey Brothers, light and comfortable but just a bit paranoid about the bolts coming undone and the buckles seem very easy to undo. Am i just being stupid, whats your thoughts about this harness-still crippling my back in a T22!!

Bill I would not reccomend Tenex, it is seriously strong stuff but to soft and picks easily.

11mm or 13mm climbing line is best, and at around 2-3 quid a meter its cheap enough to replace often.

I'd reccomend trying it tied like in my picture, just be carefull and check it often, it is safe as houses though, them stopper knots ain't coming undone!

I tried it like rocksntrees has tied it, but did'nt like the way the tails interfered with the rings, personally I like my rings to push up hard against the shackles than a knot.

Bill I would not reccomend Tenex, it is seriously strong stuff but to soft and picks easily.

11mm or 13mm climbing line is best, and at around 2-3 quid a meter its cheap enough to replace often.

I'd reccomend trying it tied like in my picture, just be carefull and check it often, it is safe as houses though, them stopper knots ain't coming undone!

I tried it like rocksntrees has tied it, but did'nt like the way the tails interfered with the rings, personally I like my rings to push up hard against the shackles than a knot.

thanks marc, bob showed me some of that enex the other day and said it wasnt suitable. like you say its not ideal. im thinking more towards the 10 mm prussik rope, i trust a double fishermens over a stopper knot.

My Bridge is wearing out finally after two years on my ButterFly.

I'm just ordering the replacement from Sherrils, though folks that use the BF2,

I strongly suggest using the larger ring of the friction saver for your center "D".

I thought the stock one was way too small for two Krabiners at once.

I'm getting a paw and am going to try that out for fun. I was wondering if the Paw wouldn't damage a bridge more than the ring?