Friction rope opinions

BenC

As steve says or go in honey bros web site and order em all, well they all have there merits !, and every one climbs different or likes the knot to perform different to there style but when it comes to armour prus I never saw what the fus was all about!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there will ever be a single best hitch cord. They all perform differently, and for different people, and will vary in performance from rope to rope. Your best bet is getting yourself to a trade fair and buying 3m or every cord you can find and experimenting to see whats best for you

Thats what I had in mind but I thought Id get a few pointers first:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Just revamping this one because its always on my mind as to whether the old school works best and I hate to be one who's stuck in their ways.

Rope wise I use Marlow Geko and I know lots of people don't rate it but I've used Yale XTC and I just don't like it.

However, I use Silver Streak 10mm as a prussiks and it works a treat. Never have to think about it. No tending as long as you dress it right.

I've tried a hitch and pulley on geko and nothing works the way I like it, but I've only used OP (and very nearly came out of the tree), Silver Streak and Boa.

Anyone used Viper 8mm as a VT (or another knot) on Geko.

When all said and done I just think I'm old fashioned and these new fandangled ways of doing things will just confuse me.

Just revamping this one because its always on my mind as to whether the old school works best and I hate to be one who's stuck in their ways.

Rope wise I use Marlow Geko and I know lots of people don't rate it but I've used Yale XTC and I just don't like it.

However, I use Silver Streak 10mm as a prussiks and it works a treat. Never have to think about it. No tending as long as you dress it right.

I've tried a hitch and pulley on geko and nothing works the way I like it, but I've only used OP (and very nearly came out of the tree), Silver Streak and Boa.

Anyone used Viper 8mm as a VT (or another knot) on Geko.

When all said and done I just think I'm old fashioned and these new fandangled ways of doing things will just confuse me.

I have used 8mm viper on eldelrid rainbow but not on Marlow gecko and to be honest I did not rate the viper at all I also tried 10mm viper on my tachyon but it was awfull I think it must be the outer sheath on the viper that does it but I find it does nothing but bind up.....

Have you tried beal regate 10mm ?

I have used 8mm viper on eldelrid rainbow but not on Marlow gecko and to be honest I did not rate the viper at all I also tried 10mm viper on my tachyon but it was awfull I think it must be the outer sheath on the viper that does it but I find it does nothing but bind up.....

Have you tried beal regate 10mm ?

No, never heard of it to be honest but not been looking around lately. Can you buy it with spliced ends. I really need someone who can splice!

No, never heard of it to be honest but not been looking around lately. Can you buy it with spliced ends. I really need someone who can splice!

To be honest mate I'm not sure. You could ask the dealer if they would do it for you? Honey bro's have a splicer and a good one at that...:thumbup1:

Or just ask some one on here mate....