Temping agency for the arb industry

tristan@arbcore.com

Fairly simple, ring every climber I know in the area that is capable of doing the job, call in a favour or 2 and get the job done. The last thing I would do is get an unknown climber in, just too risky. This is how everyone I know would do it, no need for an agency in this buisness.

All tree company owners know freelancers in their area and who is good and who is not.

What and you could get in a good climber for tomorrow....give over

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, may involve some cash changing hands but I know alot of people in my area and have got others outta the mire before . It's a very small industry and pays to know your area.

Aaahhh - But what if Arbtalk had a database of freelancers in your area - with references from other members THAT I would pay a subscription to... not a fee to an agency for some unknown bod.

The odds are better for finding someone in your area - especially after office hours the night before.:001_tt2:

Aaahhh - But what if Arbtalk had a database of freelancers in your area - with references from other members THAT I would pay a subscription to... not a fee to an agency for some unknown bod.

The odds are with you then for finding someone are better - especially after office hours the night before.:001_tt2:

But that was the original idear pay a fee and get access to climbers......

The odds are better for finding someone in your area - especially after office hours the night before.:001_tt2:

were not debating a database on arbtalk, which i agree woul be a good idea.

Yep, may involve some cash changing hands but I know alot of people in my area and have got others outta the mire before . It's a very small industry and pays to know your area.

I don't know your industry but i've worked in three different trades and all the good tradesmen that i know would not be able to help you out at that short notice as they would already be on a jod the next day, so whats so different in the arb world?

I don't know your industry but i've worked in three different trades and all the good tradesmen that i know would not be able to help you out at that short notice as they would already be on a jod the next day, so whats so different in the arb world?

It's called knowing and having a working relationship with those in your area but arbs are a strange breed:001_smile:

It's called knowing and having a working relationship with those in your area but arbs are a strange breed:001_smile:

What, so a good climber would turn away his/her own customer to go on to another job just to help someone out, arb must be the only industry that this would happen in, as i say i,ve worked in a few trades and if a colleague needs a hand i would bend over backwards to help them out but not at the cost of my own customers, working relationship or not.