Has anyone else still got the fire lit

mendiplogs

But they do have to give you an epc before you rent, a stove fan will push some heat out the room but you may be best moving to a warmer house . or ask the landlord to insulate the house, might be able to use the green deal .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

We weren't exactly spoilt for choice when we were looking, so the EPC is irrelevant, especially when compared to being homeless.

If we ask the landlord to insulate and replace the crap boiler he'd probably put the rent up to an even more extortionate amount!

This is why UKGov needs to do something about a getting minimum standard of efficiency in rented accommodation.

Been looking to buy our own place for a few months now, but hasn't been much coming to market. Cheers, Steve

if you like the house and where you live, with that gas bill, might be worth insulating as best you can yourself? :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

It needs 3 units of double glazing upstairs, a new condensing boiler, insulated hot water tank, double dormer insulation (lots of celotex + plasterboard), three insulated access doors and rolls of itchy loft insulation....

Can't afford that either! :lol:

It needs 3 units of double glazing upstairs, a new condensing boiler, insulated hot water tank, double dormer insulation (lots of celotex + plasterboard), three insulated access doors and rolls of itchy loft insulation....

Can't afford that either! :lol:

HI STEVE that like our house mate im in the same BOAT MATE :sneaky2:thanks jon :thumbup:

Still got ours going 24/7 at the mo, being an end house get's cold quicker, going to up the isulation this summer, and see how much to fit EWI, mega ££££££ I expect

Hi Brian, could save a packet by doing it yourself. Not particularly complicated, but need to be meticulous about details.

Helps a lot if you have wide enough eves, else you need to do work on extending the roof a bit.

Hey Jon

not having to light the fire too often as hot water and any heating needs are mostly taken care of by the sun for the last few weeks now.

Mainly just lighting up for cosy effect of an evening.

Also only used about 60% of the wood we expected to this winter due the mild conditions.

Cheers

Terry

HI STEVE that like our house mate im in the same BOAT MATE :sneaky2:thanks jon :thumbup:

Not surprised Jon, many people are in the same boat, and with the way things are right now that boat is gonna sink!! Energy prices are only set to rise.

Could do with a petition running to get the law changed. Houses should not be allowed to be rented out unless they have basic effieciency measures in place.

Frankly I don't worry so much about my own comfort... it's our 2 year old I worry about. Turning down the heat leads to black mould, and inevitably coughs, colds & asthma. Cheers, Steve

Hi Brian, could save a packet by doing it yourself. Not particularly complicated, but need to be meticulous about details.

Helps a lot if you have wide enough eves, else you need to do work on extending the roof a bit.

Would do most of the work myself, (I'm in the construction industry) just need to find the cost of the isulation and fixings etc