some walnut for sale if interested

testcricket01

ive posted this before a while ago it was on the cards for coming down, it will be coming down if the customer is happy with the return on the wood. Rob D has first dibs if hes still interested from last time. ive got some better pics.

ive lettered the main picture with where ive messured it and put the relevant letter with the picture of the tape messure.

ps there not my hands in the pic its the missus my finger nails i paint more manly... like pink :lol:

look forward to any interest :thumbup1:

DSC00488.jpg.6cd0da1d2c9ab70338b283cf6d5b91df.jpg

DSC00487.jpg.1a5f34d471dabae6d09205d5b46d038f.jpg

DSC00485.jpg.84cf323133fab4ad33e49096ad8b6874.jpg

DSC00483.jpg.e0ce06f152582eb31991190e4d1a59c3.jpg

DSC00486.jpg.1dd7c9b6ff9511cdfddaba738ce6d827.jpg

But surely no-one will buy branch wood above a large cavity without seeing it first? It seems like a hell of a risk to the buyer, which would reflect the price offered, which is going to be minimal anyway due to the volume of timber, which would make it less appealing to the customer to have cut down.....and is that their main consideration for removal?

Not trying to put a damper on this, but i have been milling for over 12 years, and selling timber too, and wouldnt but it without it on the deck TBH. Or do you have to give a POSSIBLE value for the timber?:confused1:

But surely no-one will buy branch wood above a large cavity without seeing it first? It seems like a hell of a risk to the buyer, which would reflect the price offered, which is going to be minimal anyway due to the volume of timber, which would make it less appealing to the customer to have cut down.....and is that their main consideration for removal?

Not trying to put a damper on this, but i have been milling for over 12 years, and selling timber too, and wouldnt but it without it on the deck TBH. Or do you have to give a POSSIBLE value for the timber?:confused1:

basically the customer wants the tree down thinks its worth a fortune i said ill try and see how much i could get for it and go from there i told him its not going to be worth alot because its not a chunky straight single stem. if someone is interested they can make a offer, thats all i can say really.

I get it now:blushing:....it ought to be worth something though ubless it is rotten, even being branch wood. Good luck with it.:thumbup1:

its all solid i gave it a good hammer test sounds solid that cavity is where a 4ft stem would have been ages ago its not even deeper than my finger.

hopefully if rob ds offer still stands he can have it :thumbup1:

I was under the impretion that branch wood and leaning stems were of little use, as they are very unstable, due to the inbuilt tension and will go like propeller blades when cut??

I think its a real mistake to confirm any customers ideas that their tree has any value. I tell them that because its not woodland grown it will have nails and I don't want a bill from the saw mill for a new band.

If they still insist it has value, I say "no problem, you keep the wood and sell it" they soon realise that the fact I really don't want it means its value is at best limited.

I was under the impretion that branch wood and leaning stems were of little use, as they are very unstable, due to the inbuilt tension and will go like propeller blades when cut??

I think its a real mistake to confirm any customers ideas that their tree has any value. I tell them that because its not woodland grown it will have nails and I don't want a bill from the saw mill for a new band.

If they still insist it has value, I say "no problem, you keep the wood and sell it" they soon realise that the fact I really don't want it means its value is at best limited.

Totally hit the nail on the head.