Ideas about theft...

iainarkle

Hi All, this is mainly an idea for Steve! Just thinking of all the theft that is going on and is it possible / worth the effort to start linking the location on a map. My thoughts are if we can identify a pattern and location as a collective the Police may actually do something? Just a thought...

I know some very talented "grey" men who are outstanding at serving revenge...best served cold!!!! :cheers:

Since I joined ArbTalk in Feb 2011 I have seen on average One report on the forum for stolen kit per week. These losses are unacceptable. I have been attempting to work out some viable means of proactively slowing this plague that has fallen upon my fellow members. I am still gathering information to develop a plan of action. Although I am based in the states I would be great full for any assistance on the ground, so to speak.

Interested?, Since you mentioned earlier on in your message about help from the police, I think your suggestion go's even further to involve Scotland Yard due to the range of reports of stolen kit and the $$$ amount. I am convinced this is organized crime at work. What say you, your opinion means a lot to me.

easy-lift guy

hi guys i always wonder where all the stolen chippers go ? becouse lets face it its only tree people who use them ! i do say tree people loosely , maybe police should more proactive in stopping any one towing a chipper especially unmarked scrap type transits with irish number plates ? or is anyone bothered as it is just another insurance claim ie ,,give you a crime number off you go ?:thumbdown:

Since I joined ArbTalk in Feb 2011 I have seen on average One report on the forum for stolen kit per week. These losses are unacceptable. I have been attempting to work out some viable means of proactively slowing this plague that has fallen upon my fellow members. I am still gathering information to develop a plan of action. Although I am based in the states I would be great full for any assistance on the ground, so to speak.

Interested?, Since you mentioned earlier on in your message about help from the police, I think your suggestion go's even further to involve Scotland Yard due to the range of reports of stolen kit and the $$$ amount. I am convinced this is organized crime at work. What say you, your opinion means a lot to me.

easy-lift guy

Scotland Yard is the home of the Metropolitan police (London) and they won’t be much interested in crime outside the Met area. Chasing crime on someone else’s patch is not good for your performance statistics and duplicates effort.

A while back I spotted my stolen kit on eBay, it had got to another force area and they were happy to see me leave with my kit but weren’t interested in investigating the offender because he claimed to have bought it from “some guy” and the best they could have hoped for was a pretty minor charge that a junior lawyer could have got him off.

So, what information are you gathering?

Scotland Yard is the home of the Metropolitan police (London) and they won’t be much interested in crime outside the Met area. Chasing crime on someone else’s patch is not good for your performance statistics and duplicates effort.

A while back I spotted my stolen kit on eBay, it had got to another force area and they were happy to see me leave with my kit but weren’t interested in investigating the offender because he claimed to have bought it from “some guy” and the best they could have hoped for was a pretty minor charge that a junior lawyer could have got him off.

So, what information are you gathering?

Out of self interest-having had many items stolen over the years

How did you know it was your kit?

Have you discovered some special marking system that you could share with us?

Out of self interest-having had many items stolen over the years

How did you know it was your kit?

Have you discovered some special marking system that you could share with us?

The guy who had it was a muppet. It was a chipper and was (several years later) still in my company livery. It had vinyl stickers which had been laqured over, the scrotes had painted them over them then scraped them off and re painted, you could still read my name in the several layers of “paint shadow”.

The machine also had several distinctive and unique modifications and I had detailed pictures of these. It had several locations with ID numbers stamped in deep, flatted, filled with bog and overpainted. They are pretty much invisible under the paint. When you scrape the paint the number reveals like a lottery scratch card.

I also have an invention for the dragons den, it’s a radio receiver with a detonator and small explosive charge, it clips to the fuel pick up filter in your saws fuel tank, when the scrote is legging it down the road with your saw, you pull out your smart phone and with the app, key **(number)## and the tank bursts into flame and you get scrote flambé.

Anybody “IN”?

treequip does the UK have a national police, would interpol be interested?.since I believe most of these stolen items are leaving the country. Here in the states,at least Florida I could contact my l county or state official in conjunction with the Attorney General to start an investigation and get the ball rolling. Any contact information or additional comments are welcome.

Have a nice safe week end all.

easy-lift guy.

I didn't think that it mattered. If this was stolen and still outstanding and proveable as being stolen then the item should have been at least investigated by the police as if it was insured it is still the property of the insurance company, and if not it is still yours!! It doesn't matter if 'some guy' done whatever it is still not officially their property whether they bought it in good faith or not

We have a national crime unit but they are more interested in people trafficking and other more serious offences not that I consider getting your means of making a living trivial.

Each force area has a stolen vehicle unit linked to a national database backed up by private companies like CESAR and the mobile tracker companies.