post your motorbikes

WoodED

That's good news Chris, how you going to calm it down? I know on the old cr500 doubling up on the base gasket took the edge off it a bit when I used it for enduro, or racing on hard packed clay.:001_smile:

The official line is that I should stop being a big girl and man up :lol:

But, so far have set the timing a bit retarded to the same as the EXC and that's about it. Hopefully before the weekend I'll get chance to shim the powervalve spring a bit to make it open later and there's a slim chance I can make up a spacer to put the reed block a few more MM away from the cases.

Long term it's going to get a longer silencer and either an extra base gasket or the head machined (machining the head will get rid of the existing damage too)

The new ignition has an EXC sized flywheel so should be a fair bit better than the tiny PVL one that came off.

The way it's going the first time I'll have ridden it (other than up and down our street) will be for Saturday's practise before Sunday's enduro :blushing:

Just taking up and down our road, it seems pretty fit. it's just a bit abrupt when powervalve opens and it front end goes light. 250 2 strokes are a bit new to me - used to ride 125 strokers and Dad's old 380 CZ a bit but I reckon this would chew up the CZ and spit it out!

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Sounds like you know your tuning Chris, those old 250's are a bit all or nothing!

I wish I did :blushing: I've had huge amounts of help over on the Vinduro forum - one guy does/did a lot of work with Paul Edmondson's bikes and he seems to know his stuff :lol:

Quite looking forward to the weekend. Apparently it's fairly fast and open so the KTM shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage :thumbup1:

Excited like a kid at Christmas!

My first road bike is being delivered tomorrow!

Did my cbt a couple if weeks ago and have been umming and aahing about going straight into my big test or getting a 125 to get some experience in.

Looked at lots of 125's but they were all pretty nasty.

A mate bought a 125 Varadero which is actually quite a nice bike.

But then I saw the KTM Duke 125 and decided that would do me.

Can't wait, found a 61 plate up north within budget. Went out and blew out on some gear today so I'm all set!