post your motorbikes

WoodED

My xr 400 in the snow

Good call, best place to be wheen snowed off from work :thumbup1:

Massive drool here,Had the 250,the 600 & the water cooled 650(HM racing tuned,stage 3).

I would love to have the 400 as a keeper,a fantastic fun bike!:thumbup:

I want one!

How'd you find the 250 Geoff? Have heard they can be a pig to restart if they conk under load. Hopefully going to get a look at a mid 80's one for Vinduro :thumbup1:

I've a hankering for a 600 but reckon it'd be a bit much to wrestle round the sort of courses we get out this way.

Good call, best place to be wheen snowed off from work :thumbup1:

How'd you find the 250 Geoff? Have heard they can be a pig to restart if they conk under load. Hopefully going to get a look at a mid 80's one for Vinduro :thumbup1:

I've a hankering for a 600 but reckon it'd be a bit much to wrestle round the sort of courses we get out this way.

Wish I had never sold it Chris,it was a lovely bike,plenty of mid range,& it reved out well,not a pokey as the modern stuff,but for trail & the odd enduro it was a lovely little bike.

No starting problems on my one,& they barely sip the petrol,just change the oil lots with good quality stuff.:thumbup1:

Wish I had never sold it Chris,it was a lovely bike,plenty of mid range,& it reved out well,not a pokey as the modern stuff,but for trail & the odd enduro it was a lovely little bike.

No starting problems on my one,& they barely sip the petrol,just change the oil lots with good quality stuff.:thumbup1:

Good stuff, sounds like it wouldn't be a bad thing to have. I'd alway ridden small 2 strokes in the past so it mightn't feel too much of a change.

Whilst have had a few days quiet I might have made a slightly daft desicion that I'm putting down to having a bit of spare time to sit and think :biggrin:.

The roughly bike shape pile of bits I bought to use as spares for the little DR turns out to be a bona fide DR 125 (not an "S" or "SE") so was the more off road oriented one with ali wheels, ali swing arm (very RM styled) no pillion pegs (or mounts for them), slightly longer wheelbase and bit better suspension - looks to be a bit of a rarity over here.

Quite fancy putting it back together as apparently it was a runner and I've got a logbook for it too. Only missing a few small bits (front brake, side panels and silencer are main bits) and it doesn't seem in bad fettle.

Mid 80's ones had twin carbs which were never as good, if your looking at that one in WYorks on Ebay, make it it runs ok

Later ones 89-95 and 96-2004 were the best XR250's

Post 96 were the best and are easy to start, run well in a good chassis

Mid 80's ones had twin carbs which were never as good, if your looking at that one in WYorks on Ebay, make it it runs ok

As he says.:thumbup1:

As he says.:thumbup1:

Cheers guys :thumbup1:

That one in west yorkshire looks really quite nice but I reckon there must be something not quite right as it's been on there a week or so now and still not gone.

Had a disastrous afternoon. Decided to take DR out for a blat and on the way home it developed a fairly loud rattle that didn't sound like tappets (even with the tappets set where they should be it's still tappety) and almost a bit down on power - very quickly followed by a bang :blushing:

4 mile push home - was dark by the time got in so abandoned it in the garage til the morning but have my suspicions the timing chain let go :thumbdown:

1st then in order Suzuki GP100

RD250LC new Breg

RD350 YPVS

RD500LC

FZ750

RD350LC

then went off rd 4 yrs trials TY250

bit of a break

RD400

bit of a break

XT600 sold it last Feb it went over to IoW, GPZ 750 Turbo wheels, Z400 brakes n discs, still got old xt wheels sat in shed,:confused1: must dig em out , move em on

SAM_0765.jpg.10beb84390595a95a25dd7905ff79909.jpg

Cheers guys :thumbup1:

That one in west yorkshire looks really quite nice but I reckon there must be something not quite right as it's been on there a week or so now and still not gone.

Had a disastrous afternoon. Decided to take DR out for a blat and on the way home it developed a fairly loud rattle that didn't sound like tappets (even with the tappets set where they should be it's still tappety) and almost a bit down on power - very quickly followed by a bang :blushing:

4 mile push home - was dark by the time got in so abandoned it in the garage til the morning but have my suspicions the timing chain let go :thumbdown:

Ouch! hope its not too bad.:001_smile:

1st then in order Suzuki GP100

RD250LC new Breg

RD350 YPVS

RD500LC

FZ750

RD350LC

then went off rd 4 yrs trials TY250

bit of a break

RD400

bit of a break

XT600 sold it last Feb it went over to IoW, GPZ 750 Turbo wheels, Z400 brakes n discs, still got old xt wheels sat in shed,:confused1: must dig em out , move em on

Nice xt sm.

Ive had the 250,350,old 500,& the 550,took that one through the alps & pyranees,mate still has it & wont sell it back!:biggrin: