Hot Hot Hot

White Noise

The trees were cut down last winter so we needed to cut the first 2-3 inches of wood to get down to the fresh tubes so we could apply the herbicide. My colleague thought it was pointless cutting the stumps down but it would be pointless applying herbicide to a dry, cracked semi dead stump. Looks nicer as well with the stumps about an inch above ground level.:thumbup:

on with the same tomorrow, got a new shiney pair of sip type a's to try and i just doing the cutting and doing the herbicide as im going:thumbup:

oh and got about 10 alder trunks to ring up and and shift :thumbdown: apparently this is supposed to be finished by dinner time

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on with the same tomorrow, got a new shiney pair of sip type a's to try and i just doing the cutting and doing the herbicide as im going:thumbup:

oh and got about 10 alder trunks to ring up and and shift :thumbdown: apparently this is supposed to be finished by dinner time

Thats what we were doing today. I went through with the 341 with a chipper chain cutting the bigger (2 inches +) stumps with a colleague in hot pursuit treating them with neat Glypho 360. We used to do a 50:50 mix for stump treating but it didnt work very well so we now use it neat. We have just got a fresh batch of Glypho 360 but still have the old container so any excess from the stump treating jug will be going into that as we dont want to contaminate the new stuff with woodchip and bits.

Well all I can say folks is get used to it ;)

I think I`m on something of a roll having nailed the epic winter period prior to it happening and hinted on an early settled warm spring, thats 2-0 lol so i`m going for hat-rick in stating that very low base state angular momentum, little tropical convection and overall little westward trajection anywhere all points at continued High pressure static over or slightly east of the UK, possible eventuality of slight retrogression however can increase the risk of easterly breezes for the south lowering temps and bringing cloud etc. but little in the way of any Biscay disruption tends for no sign of any thundery activity spreading north, unlike the current unsettled weather in the western med.

All in all a very dry settled start and although the rainfall, or lack of is a concern, the MJO phase could gain strength and with mid latitude westerlies then June could be another cracker.

but its the remainder of summer thereon that for me looks a damp squib once a number of events such as Arctic blocking form? (or "squid" if you watch the IT Crowd lol)

But thats not such a bad thing as stand pipes are not fun ;)

Enjoy it out their, i`m loving the dusk n dawn dog walks in the woods!

Been a scorcher the past few days . Drank 4 litres of orange squash today and didnt have a pee until 5oclock . As I shave my head the sweat just runs into my eyes and it Stings . Bring on the summer soon be getting attacked by the wasps :lol:

Shared the van with my first HORNET!!!! of the year today.

Ooh and I too had a massive wee at 0500......and woke up at 0630!

Well all I can say folks is get used to it ;)

I think I`m on something of a roll having nailed the epic winter period prior to it happening and hinted on an early settled warm spring, thats 2-0 lol so i`m going for hat-rick in stating that very low base state angular momentum, little tropical convection and overall little westward trajection anywhere all points at continued High pressure static over or slightly east of the UK, possible eventuality of slight retrogression however can increase the risk of easterly breezes for the south lowering temps and bringing cloud etc. but little in the way of any Biscay disruption tends for no sign of any thundery activity spreading north, unlike the current unsettled weather in the western med.

All in all a very dry settled start and although the rainfall, or lack of is a concern, the MJO phase could gain strength and with mid latitude westerlies then June could be another cracker.

but its the remainder of summer thereon that for me looks a damp squib once a number of events such as Arctic blocking form? (or "squid" if you watch the IT Crowd lol)

But thats not such a bad thing as stand pipes are not fun ;)

Enjoy it out their, i`m loving the dusk n dawn dog walks in the woods!

Very interesting!

For the last 4 or so years up here in Edinburgh, we've effectively had our summer in April, May and June, with what has following being monsoon.

We've had some pretty warm temperatures up here for a few weeks, but some fairly epic sea mist too. Yesterday was very strange - pockets of thick fog all around the estate, a very warm sun, but a cold, humid air.

Jonathan