Remoulds under Load

Billy

I've been looking around for some new tires for the dodge, got my eye on a few used sets of hankook's and BFG's but have also noticed some nice looking remoulds mainly copying the bfg MT and AT patterns these are coming in at about £250 a set new, only thing i'm not sure of is the load rating, none of the auctions mention this do any of you guys run 4x4 tippers on remoulds and know how they cope with 3.5t+ on them? I'm gyuessing its probably a bit of a no no...But thought i'd ask just in case:001_tt2:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think most of the insa turbos are load rated sufficiently, mainly because of the carcass theyre moulded on, but it's certainly not for me im afraid. too many stories of tread blocks tearing off remoulds, and when it's your only 4 contact patches with the road with potentially a lot of load on... again, not for me thanks.

buy once buy right! try cooper discoverer, try maxxis

Remoulds should be okay if load rated, reTREADS are the ones that bits fly off. A retread has a new tread glued on, a bit like those awful bronco P.O.S. tyres, and should be avoided like the plague. Remoulds are essentially remanufactured and are better. If its for your work vehicle regularly carrying weight then TBH there is no substitute for a decent tyre. What you pay extra for with the likes of BFG will more than reward you in handling and wearability, and although cheap tyres seem attractive, you will end up paying far more in the long run, and BFG are basically the best you will find for this.

if you visit the manufacturers website i.e. insa etc.. you will be able to view the tyres load rating/speed rating/how many plies they have and also the ply material used. a remould on my disco got kerbskuffed so much by the woman that you could read 'goodyear wrangler' on the side! as ever you get what you pay for:thumbup1: but i wouldn't trust a remould at high speed with a load on

I have seen a lot of truck tires have the entire tread peel off a re tread before, looks grim, but ig uess thats why they don;t put them on drive axles on trucks now. I have also perosnallypexpoerience d ablow out...on a Michelin as it happens and it wasn't too pleasent. Think I'm gonna seek out a few cheap BFG AT KO's.

They get alot of good reviews but don;t look aggressive enough to be of much use to me?