Mugged.... really!!!

Dean Lofthouse

I was run into by an uninsured driver, he drove of so I chased his car and stopped it, took his keys of him, he legged and left me there waiting for the police with his car. Looked in his car and he had a carving knife in the foot well :scared1:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Dean, We share the same sentiments. I would have happily run them over, and damn the consequences.

Few months ago whilst working in a park in Manchester (the Poplar felling job) two scrotes on a quad bike grabbed my 372 and Peters 441. they burned off on their quad, but got a right shock when I jumped in the Patrol and chased them accross the park. I was in a red mist rage, determined to squish them with the 4x4. they zoomed up an alley to escape, but I diverted down a flight of stairs and over a concrete barrier to cut them of. caught up with them on the other side of the estate, on the road. Now they were really scared, a frothing maniac in a huge 4x4 trying to run them down. they turned through a narrow path into another park that had a huge earth bund to stop vehicles entering - I went over the top like the dukes of hazard, nearly crushing the two scrotes on the quad. Their faces were frozen in horror, and I was looking forward to crushing them. Unfortunately, they drove across a bog, and I couldnt follow. I think they were that scared that they dumped the saws round the corner, and we got them back.

Point being, I reacted first, thought later.

Kinda hard to pull a knife on someone when their crushing you under a 4x4 :D

i wont put guards on my saws since i had a theft incident.

whilst working for the LA my mate and i stopped for some food when 2 scroats nicked our 036, on seeing this my mate calls me and we start chasing through housing estate and over garden walls, suddenly my mate is calling me back saying they dropped the saw.

i ran straight past it, caught up in the chase.

we picked up the saw and went back to the truck to eat our food.

within minutes the 2 boys were back, the one was limping badly.

unfortunatly for them they had to walk right past us to go to a&e, being stopped from jumping out to have a go i just watched as they walked past.

limpy had run the bar of the saw accross the back of his leg right behind his knee, exposed flesh, insides and blood, lots of blood, enough to leave a trail on the floor was comming out of the wound.

what did i do??? i laughed and called him a silly fu***r

what should i have done????

each to their own!!

Well done Dean for the actions you took. Society is selfish today, and the majority of people are too afraid to intervene due to the consequences, often hyped by the media. It is in these type of situations that shows the character of the individual. You do not have time to think, you just act according to your character. I have seen crimes where people try to ignore what's going on, and also seen accidents where people are in need of help, where people freeze or refuse to help. Hearing accounts by people here gives me hope that society is not at an end, and there are still decent people out there.

As regards the two scrotes, what hope is there for them when they are prepared to attack an elderly person. - - BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE and teach them some discipline and respect.

Hope the old boy recovers fully, and does not suffer from the incident and be afraid to go out in the future.

four years ago i was in a chinese takeaway and we(me and my misses)saw a group of young lads atacking someone,i ran accross ther road and started pulling them off the guy who was on the ground....i managed to sort the situation but in retrospect was i foolish

i have mixed feelings about stuff like that without knowing the full story.......imagine if you stopped such an incident then found out the guy had been selling drugs to kids, or worse was a paedo or something.

I've asked the police if it would be possible to have the old boys address to visit him to try to reassure him muggings are infact rare.

Thats if the old boy survives the attack, the shock and trauma can have a delayed effect in someone his age, that's why the police are preparing the case very well and taking swabs etc.

He may also just give up and lose the will to live in such a society.

I'm going to try to visit him in a few weeks time

i have mixed feelings about stuff like that without knowing the full story.......imagine if you stopped such an incident then found out the guy had been selling drugs to kids, or worse was a paedo or something.

I know what your saying steve but at the time it was so obvious, the guy was realy frail and the sad thing is he had just got to the hospital bus shelter after visiting his sick wife.

We asked if there was anyone we could phone for him and all he could say was don't tell my wife, please don't tell my wife.