What to do??

MichelleJ

The power company has "pruned" my tree twice this year. This is the result of the 2nd pruning just a few days ago. What do I do with this? I called them and they will be happy to remove the tree if I decide that's what I want done. I don't see how this tree will ever look normal again. Should I just have them remove it? It is a willow tree I believe. I have had many people tell me to remove it in the past because the root system is very invasive. Any opinions? Thanks for any advice.

I am new here, so I hope this attachment works...

tree.jpg.f95c4456e46f5411c4f599c2865b0a58.jpg

Hi Michelle,

Yes the roots on willow can be a problem but by the looks of the location the trees in that shouldnt be too much of an issue for you.

The tree however....well its an eyesore, i wouldnt want it out the front of my house thats for sure. They are only going to come back and do the same thing year upon year also. If they are happy to foor the bill id say take them up on their offer and replant something more sensible in a location that isnt going to effect the wires.

As steve says, its an eyesore, but its only an eyesore when viewed at certain angles. Go round 90 degrees, so that the tree is between you and the OHL, and you won't see many of the cuts, and you won't the pole holding the lines up for the tree either.

Its not supossed to look pretty, its supposed to ensure an appropriate clearance from the line, and its also doing a great job of drawing attention to the lines by screaming "stay away from these wires because if you get your ali ladder them, you are a gonner" to anyone who will look.

Your tree won't, or shouldn't ever get to look normal again....... If it were mine I would certainly look towards having it removed.

Looks a nice place. I was thinking the same as bareroots; get them to level off the tree so it doesn't look so lopsided. If you don't like the loook full stop get them to take it out, grind the stump and you can replace it with something more suitable and maybe native to the area?