Unseasoned wood prices?

sandbach-sticks

I have a surplus of wood this year, so looking to shift unseasoned logs by the m3 over the summer. I should be grateful if you could let me know what you lot are asking for m3 of unseasoned mixed wood?

I will be advertising prices for kindling and bagged logs shortly for 2011/2012. With the increase in fuel what prices are you going to be setting for next year?

I have been offered unseasoned hardwood logs at prices from £30 to £65 a cubic meter. Its all down to overheads i recon, work out what it costs you to make them and add a profit your happy with. Everyones prices seems to vary so much you will know best what you can get for your product.

Exactly the same as the seasoned stuff, your time and energy goes into it.

This i what i am doing, al my clients understand and are happy to pay the same price. They all know i have loads of space and i am happy to let it season at mine. But they are getting a menu of woods sent through to them so they can pick and choose.

I have about 15 cube of part-seasoned hardwood and am offering to customers at this winter's prices (£100/cube) in order to get it shifted. Hopefully it will go soon as I am also telling them it will be going up in price in June (5% increase).

:thumbup1: damn right!

plus, does anybody else think that hardwoods will be more scarce this year or more expensive to buy in?

our felling contract is for smaller diameter stuff this year and we have to travel further afield to get it, hence it will cost us more to process this next year.

I have found that i am not getting the hardwood i was two years ago, but softwood I am being offered is on the increase. There seems to be a lot of wood turners contacting me at the minute after Cherry. I think a lot of people who have recently bought wood burners have been told that oak is best so i do think oak and ash will be more scarce next year?