Great biker vs cop video

alex_m

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree running a red light, even on a push bike is bad - it could result in a car swerving round you and causing an accident....but lighten up, i thought it was funny.

i dislike 80% of the police i have come across - they have been arrogant control freaks, who can't handle anyone talking back at them in an intelligent way and end up lashing out (like on the video), as they think that's the only way they can get back in control.

this cunstable was quite stupid in particular.

I agree with you, yes the guy was a bit of a knob but he showed the police to be what they are. That is useless when confronted with anything other than straight forward ticketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got to say good on him :thumbup: i feel sorry for cops cos it is an hard job and i wouldnt like to do it, but they do seem to pick on the wrong people for the wrong things . this bloke might have run a light but i bet he did it as a pedestrian would , that is while it was safe, the law is an ass imo. if you break the law whilst on a bike and you got a driving licence you can end up with points on it, but if you havent got a licence or if your a kid what then? and the camera man was right , how can you exercise the law if you dont know it. finally what did the guy do wrong to have the pc attack him ? if i attack someone because they say something i dont like or wont do as i ask them it would be ABH :001_tt2:

Jesus, If I was the copper I wouldn't have lunged for the camera I'd have decked the annoying git. If you cant do the crime...

If I got caught speeding I'd say fair cop and pay the fine.

I couldn't be a copper.

Are you saying you condone police brutality? What if the cop could arbitrarily make up laws and decided to give you a fine for J-walking on your own driveway and then gave you a hiding for objecting? This is essentially what the cop in the video was doing, making up laws.

One day the copper might get his chance to make his own video in return, it will be of the cyclist crushed under a lorry having just jumped another red light.

Sure it might never happen to him but it often does and that copper has to go round and break the good news to the loved ones left at home.

I hate rules, but I am big enough to hold up my hands when I am caught bang to rights. I also know that in twenty years of working I have learnt loads and forgotten much of the finer detail, but I am still qualified to do my job even if I can't repeat verbatim all of these finer points.

IMO the cyclist is a bell end, end of. I would personally be ashamed to have put this video of me up on the Internet for all to see.

Personally I would have sucked the sav and taken the ticket. Reckon old bill has a hard enough time doing his job without some little scrote like me making it worse for them. Having said that; you do get one or two that think they are a better person than you just because they have the badge. They seem to think that this entitles them to speak down to you or treat you like crap. Case in point, one cop here is currently on trial for police brutality on 5 different people. Just cos you're a cop doesn't make you a better person than me. Treat me with respect and I'll return the respect.

Brilliant video! Good on the guy. Fair enough he has gone through a red traffic light.. Not smart. However, I think the police need to remember that they work for us. They do not have the right to abuse their power but making up fake laws and trying to intimidate the public as this policeman tries to. I have to say I don't feel sorry for the police. They choose the job because they are power hungry control freaks. Does not mean I don't appreciate the work they do, however at times some of it seems very pointless.

whats the biggie here? He jumps a red light, potentially risking the health & safety of other road users, and himself. He didnt need to complicate the situation at all, but did it purely for his own selfishness, he set out to make this film.

Alex, what would you have said if the cyclist jumped a red across your vehicle, possibly loaded with chip and towing a chipper, and you splat him across your bonnet? Cops have a tough enough job without people being so pedantic, we live in a fairly free society where we can come and go pretty much as we please.