Singed and shook up

Yeti

Howdy everyone,had major incident whilst burning up big brash pile today got oer zealous with gas can and I went boom face hands and chest all set on fire,if it wasn't for a head first dive into dirty bog water I may have ended up burnt to a crisp

I know wet brash dosnt burn so easy but please chaps learn from my stupidity and be careful,minor facial burns but inside of throat and nasal passages are pretty badly charred and I have to be in for monitoring incase it swells

Anybody else had some close calls on burn ups or am I a solitary numpty lol

just glad to still be here :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye was with petrol,fire was dead as dodo chucked bucket petrol on and did little trail off to light with blinking big stick,lit the stick touched to line of petrol 3 feet from fire and must have spilt some on my wet weather gear and it just chased up my body.Never ever again will I be so dumb

Aye was with petrol,fire was dead as dodo chucked bucket petrol on and did little trail off to light with blinking big stick,lit the stick touched to line of petrol 3 feet from fire and must have spilt some on my wet weather gear and it just chased up my body.Never ever again will I be so dumb

Dont forget the vapour from petrol is flamable. Use diesel as its a much slower burner. Glad your still with us mate, sounded nasty!

Must been the vapours tom,honestly I don't think my big ass ever moved so fast in my life.Think I traumatized rest of lads at work as ran past in a ball of flames screaming.As saying goes guess we learn the hard way...And think I'll be off to buy more boxer shorts as I'm down a pair haha

glad you got off lightly. i witnessed a similar incident once but the bloke was luckily untouched, though in his pannick he threw the can into a 9 meter waste bay full of dry fencing waste, as if this wasnt bad enough he then tried throwing water on it to put it out!!

edit: i just read that you made a trail and wernt stupid enough to tip fuel onto the flames like my mate. lol

Edited by Dave D

Funny this should crop up, reduced a tree today for a developer, he was intending to burn all the brash as it came down. Instead he decided to build up a big mountain, poured in 25litres of cherry and some old roof felt on top, and ignited with blowlamp. Now I wasnt really paying attention, as I was doing my own thing and didnt want to get too involved with their shenanigans. Then there was an almighty KA-BOOM and a sheet of flame abut 40feet long engulfed the site where developer was stood. His son was the other side of the fire with a large drum in his hands. No idea what happened the the chaps baseball cap, but i didnt see it again all day. Ironically last night I was joking with a mate about filming Nobbin & Dobbin as they didnt seem to have much of an idea. Now I wish I had:001_smile: