Unimogs rock thread

Stephen Blair

When i am down in Somerset i shall get some pics of my "scuffle" truck. Its a U900 with a John Deere engine. Cant remember literage but its chucking out something like 290 hp. Its stuck in high range and has 4 rear tractor tyres. Its a bit of beast. No exhaust to speak of. Just drilled out manifolds and two massive straight thru pipes just behind the cab. It is running a tad rich but will have to repair it (twisted chassis and snapped rear leaf) before the next scuffle in August.

Edit: Only paid £450 for the chassis and body and £250 for the JD motor from a local scrappy. Never going to be used on road just thrashed. The chassis is held together by 6 I beams and the body is held down by various ratchet straps. The hydraulics were removed by the scrappy. Brakes are other vehicles and engine breaking lol

Edited by Matthew Arnold

When i am down in Somerset i shall get some pics of my "scuffle" truck. Its a U900 with a John Deere engine. Cant remember literage but its chucking out something like 290 hp. Its stuck in high range and has 4 rear tractor tyres. Its a bit of beast. No exhaust to speak of. Just drilled out manifolds and two massive straight thru pipes just behind the cab. It is running a tad rich but will have to repair it (twisted chassis and snapped rear leaf) before the next scuffle in August.

Edit: Only paid £450 for the chassis and body and £250 for the JD motor from a local scrappy. Never going to be used on road just thrashed. The chassis is held together by 6 I beams and the body is held down by various ratchet straps. The hydraulics were removed by the scrappy. Brakes are other vehicles and engine breaking lol

Do you go to riphay scuffle?

I hope that 290hp's not like the 450hp deere at the environment agency! :001_tt2:

I hope that 290hp's not like the 450hp deere at the environment agency! :001_tt2:

I had a chat with the bloke from the EA and he got his figures massively mixed up. Its 450 ftlb torque lol. And the engine is from a JD. Checked the serial number and the dealer said it would/should be producing about 290 bhp. Doubt it is tho with the black smoke coming from the exhaust lol

Probably see you there then :) Pure carnage lol

:biggrin: Yep. Booze, Broads and lots and lots of sloppy mud. My mog is "painted" in orange. Although i need to clean it off before i can do the repair work. Got about half of Somerset underneath and on top lol. Got no glass either. Side windows are 10mm chickenwire and the windscreen is a windstopper fabric. It'll stop most of the mud but not the water.

Edited by Matthew Arnold