Advice on looking for work.

jamesfwpurdy

As stated You can use a chainsaw without a ticket as long as you are under supervision just the same as a newby climber can practice under guidance as long as the supervisor has the rel tickets. I suppose just like a learner driver.

Insurance issues to a point and as well some contracts that ive signed have stated everyone has to be trained for their task

You can use it in garden and own land etc for own use

If your capable of graft reliable etc you will have no problem (when a door opens) getting experience and maybe a long term prospect.

only downside is you may have picked up some bad habits along the way that may need squashing.....

Good luck mate

Thanks for all the replies. Scott thankyou for the offer, I've pm'd my number to you. The suggestion of a free trial sounds great so ill look into it thanks. Is it possible to get tickets i need on their own or are they normally only available through a forestry qualification? Long term the 12 week course im looking into trains you for nptc ones.

Somewhat strangely, most people with ordinary domestic contents insurance are covered for use of chainsaws anywhere, including public sites, so long as it is in connection with a hobby or entertainment rather than for hire or reward. This includes working alongside someone else who is being paid for their time, so long as you are not.

I went through this loop some years ago, as I often fell and mill timber on someone else's woodland. I always ask my broker to confirm if I change policies, and can (and have) got a letter to this effect from my insurer. My current totally ordinary contents insurance policy gives me £3M public liability insurance, without even doing anything special.

HTH

Alec