location/address

meeting point

nearest road junction

local hospital

access

4x4

air ambulance landing area

contact numbers

on the front seat/truck so if it does go pear shaped it is clear and concise as time may be a major factor and it will save anyone from getting into a flap giving clear and concise instructions

and if you are on your todd a worker should be in contact at set times to prevent unseen accident unnoticed

Contact details for next of kin is a good call :thumbup1:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact details for next of kin is a good call :thumbup1:

Handy when if one of your relatives is part of the NHS. When/if we have a serious accident i always get hold of my old man after we have dialled 999. Because he has been a paramedic for over 30 years he has seen almost every injury imaginable. So nothing really surprises him.

Handy when if one of your relatives is part of the NHS. When/if we have a serious accident i always get hold of my old man after we have dialled 999. Because he has been a paramedic for over 30 years he has seen almost every injury imaginable. So nothing really surprises him.

Maybe we should all have your old mans number then Matt :thumbup:

In most cases when you ring 999 they can put a Doctor on the phone to talk you through a situation.

My mate crushed his hand moving slabs of marble, the bloke driving the fork lift went into shock and the first aider fainted and hit her head :001_rolleyes:.

Maybe we should all have your old mans number then Matt :thumbup:

In most cases when you ring 999 they can put a Doctor on the phone to talk you through a situation.

My mate crushed his hand moving slabs of marble, the bloke driving the fork lift went into shock and the first aider fainted and hit her head :001_rolleyes:.

:001_rolleyes: LOL. He would be inudated with calls from every Tom, Dick and Harry. He gets 5 texts a day about overtime. Last thing he wants is 30 phone calls a day about injuries especially when he has been on nights.

:001_rolleyes: LOL. He would be inudated with calls from every Tom, Dick and Harry. He gets 5 texts a day about overtime. Last thing he wants is 30 phone calls a day about injuries especially when he has been on nights.

You should be very proud Matt :thumbup1: I bet there are more than a few people enjoying life tonight that would'nt other wise be here if it was'nt for people like him :thumbup:

Put the risk assessment along with the contact and emergency numbers facing outwards on the inside of the lead vehicles windscreen.

That way everyone knows:

- where it is

- you don't need to run around hunting for vehicle keys to get at it

- it clearly visible and protected from the weather

Our first page has all these details on it along with location, nearest hospital, etc

I haven't tried it but was told not to phone 999 when in the 'sticks' but 112. this gives the operator a GPS position. I have heard of people phoning 999 and being told to call back on 112 to get the position.

The other tip when calling 999 or 112 is not to look at your signal indicator as when 999/112 is called all networks are being scanned. There was a case of a guy on a quad on the moors who died being trapped, but didn't call 999 when found his phone when tested didn't show a signal but responed to 999 when dialed. The other tip is keep your phone on an inside pocket in winter a warm battery holds more charge.

Also 999 is not he highest call level 112 is higher, there are others used by the emergency services.

When asked what my plan was on assessment last week, I answered," call 112", I got a grin back "but only for real emergencies".

One more on your phone contact put your home number down as ICE home or ICE mum etc, (In Case of Emergency) Police/paramedic will only call an ICE number.

Put the risk assessment along with the contact and emergency numbers facing outwards on the inside of the lead vehicles windscreen.

That way everyone knows:

- where it is

- you don't need to run around hunting for vehicle keys to get at it

- it clearly visible and protected from the weather

Our first page has all these details on it along with location, nearest hospital, etc

great idea, when I'm working with others they know the risk assessment for the site will be in the tray thing under the windscreen on the Land Rover (you all know the bit I mean, I just don't know the name!)

this way, when the lad working for you gets in the truck at 6.45 in the morning and promptly falls asleep for the journey he has no idea even roughly where you are when he awakes! but if he knows where the address/grid ref is, along with nearest hospital etc. you can't go too wrong