Not the best way to promote yourself!

Stevie Mac

Was looking through the yellow pages today for someone to come and empty my septic tank and i had a wee gander at the tree work section. One advert had a picture of a guy working in a tree using a top handle saw and he was not wearing a helmet, ear defenders of visor!

Personally If I was looking for a tree surgeon in the yellow pages I would question how professional this company was. Not the cleverest was to promote your business.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats only because you know what a tree surgeon is supose to look like, im not saying that clients dont BUT the majority have not a clue of and still ask if you need in the garage to plug in your saw or hedgecutter!! :biggrin:

i agree though its not an image that i would want to promote.

Very true Robert.

We had someone out yesterday to unblock a drain, we had sewage coming out a man hole cover. The guy didn't even wear gloves when rodding he was even picking up bits of bog paper with his bare hands! ( The guy was from a big well known company as well )

You would hope joe public would know better but then we would live in an ideal world.

Was looking through the yellow pages today for someone to come and empty my septic tank and i had a wee gander at the tree work section. One advert had a picture of a guy working in a tree using a top handle saw and he was not wearing a helmet, ear defenders of visor!

Personally If I was looking for a tree surgeon in the yellow pages I would question how professional this company was. Not the cleverest was to promote your business.

I have a feeling that YP have some stock photos that they use for tree work ads, I think I have seen thew photo you describe! The company should have said no to the advert but I still guess that YP made it on their own.

They made me a demo one once, like a "this is what you could have for £££" The ad they showed me had guys wearing wife beaters, I just laughed at the rep! But when the YP came out there were three other companies that all had the same stock (wifebeater) photo on them. YP didn't even have the courtesy to use different pictures for different companies, its a joke.

me and my boss priced a job up earlier this week and as we were in the garden looking at the tree these 2 guys turned up to price it up aswell, me and my boss had our PPE on which we both have the same Stihl trousers and Haix boots and had our work hoodys on, these 2 other guys, jeans, some branded t-shirts and trainers, they asked us where we advertise but we dont and we said that its all word of mouth, they said they get all there work from the Yellow Pages and "word of mouth is all a load of ****" is what they said...idiots

I have a feeling that YP have some stock photos that they use for tree work ads, I think I have seen thew photo you describe! The company should have said no to the advert but I still guess that YP made it on their own.

They made me a demo one once, like a "this is what you could have for £££" The ad they showed me had guys wearing wife beaters, I just laughed at the rep! But when the YP came out there were three other companies that all had the same stock (wifebeater) photo on them. YP didn't even have the courtesy to use different pictures for different companies, its a joke.

Rupe it must be a stock photo, I've just had another look and there is another ad on the same page that has the same photo of a bald guy but from a different angle. I would be well peaved off if that happened to me!

Rupe it must be a stock photo, I've just had another look and there is another ad on the same page that has the same photo of a bald guy but from a different angle. I would be well peaved off if that happened to me!

I was not too happy either when i lost my hair :001_rolleyes::biggrin: