Lanyard problem

Mark Bolam

How often do you use anywhere near 3 metres of your lanyard??

Do you always clip the crab back on to the d to stop it trailing??

Have you tried daisy chaining and clip the chain onto a carry tool??

Not often, but tried 1.5m and it just wasn't enough at times.

Not my crab that trails, its the stopper knot end.

Yes. Takes too long. Can't afford to go any slower than I do already mate!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,I have a small 15cm sling set as a prussic on the none working end and a fishermans attached to my side,means u can create a smaller loop of the excess rope and wont get caught up,then if you need the whole lanyard move it the then end.

My lanyard is about 4m.

The main advantage to having a long lanyard is that I can move the crab from my side D to a spare D on the sliding bridge, so I can triangulate (?) for more stability when branch walking. I also use a small prussic on the snap hook end of the lanyard to avoid cross loading the snap hook when using it this way.

It might have been easier just to say I use a long lanyard as a second single line for added stability!

I had 10m of 10mm sirius in a silver bull bag. It's cool, until the little loop of rope that comes out of the bag and goes to your side D gets caught on something, like it will EVERY 5 MINUTES, and then you've got to stuff your really long lanyard back into the tiny aperture of the bag. Haha, I'm getting angry just thinking about it. Gone back to a shorter lanyard, and the joys of the stopper knot geting caught on the bottom of the sawpod.

The bag's just collecting dust at the mo, you're welcome to it if you want to try it out?