Getting the Transit re-mapped

Ian Flatters

Boys it's like everything in life some people would agree others wouldn't when it comes to chipping and remapping.

Am sure you have heard the saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, that's what I find when it comes to the camp that's says DON'T DO IT YOU WILL WRECK YOUR ENGINE.

I personally feel keeping the engine standard and revving the tits of everywhere you go, you would have more chance doing damage.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys it's like everything in life some people would agree others wouldn't when it comes to chipping and remapping.

Am sure you have heard the saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, that's what I find when it comes to the camp that's says DON'T DO IT YOU WILL WRECK YOUR ENGINE.

I personally feel keeping the engine standard and revving the tits of everywhere you go, you would have more chance doing damage.

Also you always here about the ones that went wrong not the ones that ran fine.:thumbup1:

I've spoke to two people on the subject today one owns a garage and other is a mechanic , the one that owns the garage said to get my Audi done but leave the transit alone and the lad who was just a mechanic said leave both well alone as he knows loads of lads who had their audis/golfs done and had loads of problems. The Audi goes well anyway and is a family car at the end of the day but I do feel sorry for the transit at times:(

Get it done most mechanics and motor trade people know very little beyond the basics so just say it's all bad as they are scared of what they don't know...try asking them about bio fuel, full of **** about that too. A good remap by a reputable firm will only improve your vehicle- FACT

A good remap by a reputable firm will only improve your vehicle- FACT

If you are not after max power but want better drive ability & MPG then as it would improve the vehicle why dont the makers program the chip better?

I understand when you are moving the powerband or increasing the BHP that chipping is good & why the makers dont do it. But better MPG & better drive ability should come as standard.

If you are not after max power but want better drive ability & MPG then as it would improve the vehicle why dont the makers program the chip better?

I understand when you are moving the powerband or increasing the BHP that chipping is good & why the makers dont do it. But better MPG & better drive ability should come as standard.

Its all about marketing. See it this way a 350 transit comes in 3 model types 90, 115 and 125 the only difference between these are the programing, they want to be able to charge more for a 115 than a 90.

So the tank was filled back up last night i cant give you the exact mileage as i managed to rested the odometer by putting my wallet onto it and then only realized when id done another 100 odd miles.

So id say ive saved in the reigon of £12-15 of fuel over a 6 day work period. I don't drive fast and have always driven as economically as i can due to the cost of fuel. So a saving! so if thats an adverage of £10 a week saving and i drive for 48 weeks of the year i could save £480 which has already paid for the re-mapping.

So the tank was filled back up last night i cant give you the exact mileage as i managed to rested the odometer by putting my wallet onto it and then only realized when id done another 100 odd miles.

So id say ive saved in the reigon of £12-15 of fuel over a 6 day work period. I don't drive fast and have always driven as economically as i can due to the cost of fuel. So a saving! so if thats an adverage of £10 a week saving and i drive for 48 weeks of the year i could save £480 which has already paid for the re-mapping.

That would sound about rite, it is money well spent I would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk