The bad pruning thread

MattyF

I'm a forman arborist, I've been climbing for 10 years, Anyone who thinks that the birch tree was prunned ok hasn't got a clue & doesn't care about trees.

you still havent got my point ive seen lads come out of college and made a worst job we all had to start from somewere. alot of bad work ive seem in my life time is not aways from pikeys but from proper tree firms were some learning to climb

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right there, i've seen some bad work from reputable companies, I'm just alittle annoyed that you couldn't see what is wrong with the prunning on the birch, there was no thought for the tree at all. You have to have an understanding & love for trees. I guess that to some people it's just a job & they just want money, To others trees are agreat importance.

You are right there, i've seen some bad work from reputable companies, I'm just alittle annoyed that you couldn't see what is wrong with the prunning on the birch, there was no thought for the tree at all. You have to have an understanding & love for trees. I guess that to some people it's just a job & they just want money, To others trees are agreat importance.

i did tell you on a earler thead that the birch was a rubbish job

If you read through the thread you should read a couple of times that you thought it was alright and you didn't know what was wrong with it.

i was winding some of yous up. been climbing long enought now to know. but lot out they just blame pikey for poor workmanship

What's the point in that?

never meet a tree surgeon yet that doesnt slag off offer peoples work or done a bigger tree or quicker in a tree.it be nice to have some fun in this game perhaps some of yous didnt think its funny to wind people up but there was 5 of use climbers here the other day having a laught at the respondes when we said the birch look ok

The birch is shocking but i've seen much worse. Anyone heard of this scam I came across a client who had had 2 quotes from 2 different companies to top a medium sized poplar, the first was £2k!! the second was £900, she was about to accept this when someone recommended us. When I explanned that topping was not a good idea she told me about the other quotes, I asked to see the flyers which she still had; when i saw them they were very similar though the numbers were different. I recognised them as some i had seen being handed out by 2 guys who obviously new each other. The first guy gives a really ridiculous quote so that the second ridiculous quote seems cheap. We did a crown lift and thin for £350.

The birch is shocking but i've seen much worse. Anyone heard of this scam The first guy gives a really ridiculous quote so that the second ridiculous quote seems cheap. We did a crown lift and thin for £350.

Very Cute indeed.

They're in the wrong game.

They should be on opposite sides of the Commons !