Phytrophtora Forest Service Nelect and how quickly can it spreed

As most of you are aware Phytophtora ramorum is in Northern Ireland and Spread very quickly. But was first confirmed in rodies three years ago. But only identified Japanese larch officially last year. This is not the case, speaking someone yesterday from Scotland who a forestry manager was in some the forests service woods three years ago, that have now been felled due to ramorum. He was concerned with some of the larch trees as lot were dead or dying. He was quite cross as they said it was just a local issue and there was nothing to worry about even though he suggested it could be something like phytophtora ramorum. In

While recently one of the lecturers from uni (Aberdeen) was over at Hugh O’Neill and Glenarm in Antrim. He was also worried. i think Hugh O’Neill may be suing the Dardni for their mistake up.

It is about 3 miles from us in County Down at bohill. It was confirmed as a nursery very close to the site in rodies three years ago. Does anyone know any more about it. How quickly spreads etc.

what can I do about

An article about it in the forestry journal

The scout camp where i do site maintenance has ramourm!! we have been felling the rhodies all weekend, it's not just the rhodies we have being felling but also the birch's as they harbour the dieses, and that's in leek staffordshire.... we were have ing to burn all the rhododendron and birch on site, we were also having to decontaminate all the saws, my clothes boots and quad bike!! it's a rum doo, we have until may till the next FC visit then we will only now how bad the situation is??

i.ve noticed some jap larches locally that have died over the last year. when i suggested to the local forester that it might be wise to have them looked at, he didn,t want to know.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. There is a lot more of it about than people want to admit.

I was in a very large country garden/estate South of Dublin a few weeks ago and there were some very suspect looking hosts showing symptons.

The scout camp where i do site maintenance has ramourm!! we have been felling the rhodies all weekend, it's not just the rhodies we have being felling but also the birch's as they harbour the dieses, and that's in leek staffordshire.... we were have ing to burn all the rhododendron and birch on site, we were also having to decontaminate all the saws, my clothes boots and quad bike!! it's a rum doo, we have until may till the next FC visit then we will only now how bad the situation is??

Is that the camp between leek and thorncliffe :confused1: I had heard that locally we are now being recommended to disinfect with a product called Propeller (although im still using Virkon at the moment) between sites, is it Propeller that your using? I wonder how abundant this actually is through the Churnet valley already if its up the top near Leek, its going to spread very quickly.